Associate/Senior Associate, Private Debt Secondaries, London, UK
This is a global private markets investor with significant capital under management. Their investments are across private equity funds, secondaries, co-investments and real assets. Recently they have had excellent growth within their relatively new business dedicated to executing secondaries and co-investment deals within the private debt space and are looking to build out the team further to deploy significant amounts of new capital.
They wish to add either an Associate or Senior Associate, to the current team of investment professionals in London, to focus on deal execution, origination and some fundraising. You will be involved in, and responsible for, all aspects of the deal cycle. You will assist the partners with deal origination, lead transaction due diligence and analysis and coordinate the execution and closing of deals.
The team is made up of experienced investors from within the organisation and there will be significant opportunity for personal development. You will need to show pro-activeness, energy and entrepreneurial spirit in order to help build out the investment strategy from the ground up. This role will suit someone with a strong deal execution mindset, a creative approach to deal structuring and excellent networking skills. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Investment screening, financial modelling and due diligence of investment opportunities
- Preparation and presentation of investment thesis for investment committee
- Maintaining market knowledge of European and global managers to identify and evaluate secondary and co-investment opportunities
- A background in leveraged finance, credit underwriting, or private debt investing
- Proven modelling skills and deal execution
- Strong written and spoken English is essential - an additional European language would be an advantage
- Interest in the private credit space, specifically co-investment and secondaries
- Outgoing personality with a proactive and positive attitude