Associate – Global Healthcare Group (London)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Aug 18 2018-08-23
The Lazard Global Healthcare Group is a global team of c.75 healthcare sector focused investment bankers with an exceptional depth of expertise across each of the healthcare sector verticals. During the last 18 months, the Lazard Global Healthcare Group has advised on six of the ten largest global biopharma transactions (including Johnson & Johnson’s $30 billion acquisition of Actelion and Sanofi’s $11.6 billion acquisition of Bioverativ); the two largest healthcare services transactions (including Aetna’s $77 billion merger with CVS) and other selected Lazard Global Healthcare Group transactions (including the $855 million sale of Wilson Therapeutics to Alexion Pharmaceuticals).
London represents one of the three centres of the Lazard Global Healthcare team, whilst being an integral part of the efforts of the Lazard London office in advising Lazard’s European client base. The team in London represents a diverse group of investment bankers with a broad background and experience that we leverage in our client coverage, and includes several former medical doctors, research scientists and PhDs, and former healthcare sector equity research analysts alongside career investment bankers.
Lazard is seeking to recruit a Healthcare Associate to join the London team. The Associate will report into senior bankers on each transaction.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Associate will assist senior bankers in the preparation of presentations and other materials, as well as providing day to day project execution and marketing support. The successful candidate will perform financial analysis and assist in transaction activities, and is expected to maximise the opportunities to learn from and obtain knowledge from more experienced colleagues within the department:
- Demonstrates strong technical and analytical skills;
- Develop, analyse, sensitise and adapt both internal and client-prepared financial and statistical analysis/ models;
- Evaluate qualitative and quantitative data;
- Able to independently develop sound and logical views; understands both big picture and minutiae;
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation and producing of presentations and marketing materials for Healthcare clients and prospective clients in consultation with senior team members;
- Develop new ideas for the creation of new business;
- Assist with the execution of Healthcare M&A transactions in a flawless and efficient manner;
- Able to identify proactively issues arising in Healthcare M&A transactions, and assist in conducting due diligence;
- Creation of productive relationships with clients and advisors;
- Assist senior bankers on an ad hoc basis as needed with various reports and analyses;
- Effectively manage own work and that of juniors; takes responsibility for accuracy; quality check finished products with regards to content, consistency and grammar. Hold responsibility for the accuracy of numerical work produced by junior bankers before delivering the final product to senior bankers;
- Day to day management, supervision and development of Analysts. Responsible for the delegation of work to juniors and active supervision of analysis and presentations produced;
- Act as a role model for Analysts;
- Promote effective communication, able to turn ideas into concise and comprehensive presentations; and
- Contribute to firm wide initiatives including recruiting, training, professional development and other activities.
- Previous employment as a financial analyst (senior) or associate at a reputable financial services firm such as an investment bank, ‘Big Four’ financial services firm or other similar financial services provider;
- Demonstrate strong M&A execution support abilities and experience;
- A proven track record in the healthcare sector is not required, but a strong interest is;
- Minimum 2.1 university degree classification (or equivalent if studied outside the UK) is required;
- Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to support extensive analysis within excel presentation preparations;
- Strong written skills;
- Self-motivated and resilient with demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests;
- Ability to take initiative and function independently, balanced with strong team skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to maintain relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Demonstrates awareness of the regulatory environment; and
- Must maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct, adhere to legal and regulatory requirements of the banking environment.
Opening date: Thursday, 23rd August 2018
The closing date for all applications is: Friday, 21st September 2018