Associate - Corporate Finance - Data & Analytics
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Houlihan Lokey
- 24 May 19
Houlihan Lokey’s Data & Analytics Group is a global team and recognized leader in providing high-quality, relationship-based advice to clients whose businesses offer data and analytics solutions. We have an extensive track record of working with both domestic and international clients and delivering creative, effective, and successful outcomes based on our deep understanding of our clients, their business models, and the markets in which they operate. With a team of 45 bankers with extensive sector expertise, we have closed in excess of 60 transactions over the last three years.
Given the reach and breadth of data and analytics, our clients operate across a range of end markets, including: B2B Information, Energy & Commodities, Fintech & Financial Information, GRC, Legal & Regulatory, Healthcare & Pharmaceutical, Information Technology, Insurance, Media & Marketing Communications, Real Estate, Research & IP, Transport, Supply Chain & Logistics and many more.
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is both collegial and entrepreneurial. Teamwork is essential to the firm’s success. At the same time, creativity and new ideas are encouraged. Associates are given substantial responsibility and are encouraged to help us grow our business.
Associates work on transactions that provide exposure to various investment banking services, including M&A, private placements of debt and equity, refinancings, and leveraged buyouts.
As an Associate, you will:-
- Prepare, analyze and help explain historical and projected financial information.
- Create financial models.
- Coordinate and perform business due diligence.
- Prepare confidential information memoranda, management presentations, marketing pitches and other presentations.
- Value companies and businesses.
- Lead the planning and execution of marketing engagements.
- Build relationships and maintain direct contact with clients and prospective clients, professional advisors and other stakeholders.
- Supervise junior staff members in financial analyses.
- Assist in the marketing and planning of engagements.
Requirements / Qualifications
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is results-driven and entrepreneurial and, as such, rewards top performers with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals and clients.
The following qualifications are required:
- You will have a strong academic track record and achieved a 2:1 or equivalent degree
- 4+ years of investment banking experience within either an M&A, generalist or Industry team. Experience/knowledge in the Technology, Media and Telecoms sector will be favourably regarded
- Fundamental understanding of financial valuation methodologies, and applications
- Advanced Financial modeling and analytical abilities; Strong LBO and DCF modelling skills
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Understanding of financial statements analysis with the ability to work through key assumptions, implicit caveats, and limitations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Independent thinker and resourceful problem solver driven to succeed
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills and ability to multitask is crucial
- Motivated and demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff in a rapidly changing, demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
About Houlihan Lokey
Houlihan Lokey is a global investment bank with expertise in M&A, capital markets, financial restructuring, valuation, and strategic consulting. The firm serves an array of corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. In 2017, we were ranked the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions.