Associate - Credit Enablement/Leveraged Finance - (0096)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Silicon Valley Bank UK
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
THE ROLE This role will be housed within our Enablement Team, a core function within the UK business that works with all client segments. Enablement is comprised of Relationship Enablement and Credit Enablement, and this role in Credit Enablement will provide you with the chance to learn about the financing process and to develop your analytical skills as we evaluate new credit requests from our clients and manage our existing credit portfolio.
Engage with the cutting-edge technology companies that are changing the world. Work on the front lines of the future. Build a career with purpose. If you’re looking for a company that values your ambition and passion — and your health and happiness outside of work — you’re in the right place.
For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovators and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. Today, we provide a full range of banking and financing services to businesses of all sizes in innovation centres around the world. SVB Financial Group, the parent company of Silicon Valley Bank, has had a presence in the UK since 2004. The bank is committed to supporting disruptive technology and life science businesses within the UK’s vibrant innovation sector, including The Foundry, Made.com and ECI Partners.
SVB Financial Group has approximately 2400+ employees, $50 billion in assets, and serves entrepreneurs around the world through its 28 offices in the United States and international operations in the UK, Israel and China. SVB has built a culture based on five core values: being enterprising, ethical, driven, dedicated and united.
SVB’s singular focus on innovation businesses and the investors that serve them, alongside of the breadth of the services it provides to its clients, its global growth strategy and its core values create a unique and satisfying environment for our colleagues.
This role will be housed within our Enablement Team, a core function within the UK business that works with all client segments. Enablement is comprised of Relationship Enablement and Credit Enablement, and this role in Credit Enablement will provide you with the chance to learn about the financing process and to develop your analytical skills as we evaluate new credit requests from our clients and manage our existing credit portfolio.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the financial analysis, structuring and management of debt relationships with client and prospect companies as well as managing an active portfolio of existing borrowing and non-borrowing clients. As an Associate, you are a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor in a high energy growth environment. You should be a self-starter with a high degree of analytical rigour and excellent communication skills. You should be able to “crunch the numbers” one minute and critically think through business issues the next.
• Portfolio management; monitor an assigned portfolio of debt clients.
• Collect, analyse and report on the financial performance of client companies and ensure covenant compliance.
• Contact clients directly to resolve compliance related questions and day-to-day operational inquiries.
• Review, monitor and manage collateral and other assets to assess portfolio risk.
• Ensure credit documentation and compliance requirements are met.
• Support the structuring of new debt facilities for prospect companies.
• Assist in the underwriting of credits; analysing financial statements and preparing the due diligence approval package for new loan facilities and modifications.
• Clearly articulate the merits and risk of funding proposals to SVB credit officers.
• Facilitate the booking process, and assure credit files comply with SVB policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
• Commercial banking, financial analysis, research or related experience.
• General financial analysis skills and the ability to read and understand financial statements.
• Familiarity with LBO/DCF models would be ideal, but not essential.
• An ability to work both independently and closely within a team to complete assigned duties.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• An ability to quickly gain a thorough knowledge of SVB’s bank operations and products.
• An interest in the technology sector and venture capital / private equity transactions.
• Strong organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-England-London
Work Locations: SVB - UK Office - Alphabeta Silicon Valley Bank Alphabeta London EC2A 1BR
Job: Banking International