Associate - Financial Accounting (short term contract)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 18 Oct 18
Responsible for the accurate maintenance of financial records and assisting in the preparation of the year-end financial statements for the Bank. He/she assists in implementing the accounting policies of the Bank, and ensures annual financial statements comply with external reporting requirements.
The Financial Accounting team within Financial Strategy and Business Planning is responsible for the preparation of periodic (monthly and quarterly management reporting) and annual financial reports on behalf of the Bank. The team maintains the financial records for the Bank and provide timely and accurate information on financial performance and financial position to internal and external parties. This information enables management to evaluate historic performance, assess the current position and formulate strategy.
The role interacts with a wide cross section of departments within the Bank to coordinate the receipt and analysis of information required to fulfil internal and external financial reporting requirements. The person is also expected to respond to enquiries from internal and external auditors on areas of work for which he/she is responsible.
The year-end short term role is assigned set monthly tasks along with areas of the financial statements they are responsible for.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Prepares sections of monthly and quarterly management reports and the year-end financial statements in line with relevant accounting standards
- Maintenance of expense, accrual and fixed asset accounts, including reviewing accuracy of internal postings made to the accounting systems and preparing the appropriate month end adjustments.
- Identifies solutions to non-standard tasks/queries
- Provides advice to internal clients relating to relevant financial products or transactions
- Review, update and develop procedures to ensure the accounting department is operating efficiently.
- Produces work in compliance with the Bank’s Internal Controls Framework
- Liaises with internal and external auditors and responds to queries
- Other ad hoc tasks as allocated by line manager
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level
- ACA qualified or equivalent
- Fluent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Significant relevant accounting experience
- Statutory financial accounts preparation and/or audit experience on financial accounts
- Strong numerical and financial skills with the ability to interpret financial information
- Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Excel
- Experience with SAP preferable