Associate - Funds Accounting (short term contract)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 17 Oct 18
Responsible for the accurate maintenance of financial records for both the Bank and the Donor Funds which the Bank administrates. He/she assists in implementing the accounting policies of the Bank in line with relevant reporting standards, and ensures compliance with internal and external reporting requirements.
The accounting teams within Financial Strategy and Business Planning are responsible for the preparation of periodic and annual financial reports on behalf of the Bank and the Donor Funds which the Bank administrates. They maintain the financial records for each and provide timely and accurate information on financial performance and financial position. This information enables management to evaluate historic performance, assess the current position and formulate strategy.
The role interacts with a wide cross section of departments within the Bank to coordinate the receipt and analysis of information required to fulfil internal and external financial reporting requirements. The person is also expected to respond to enquiries from internal and external auditors on areas of work for which he/she is responsible.
The Donor Fund year-end short term role is to assist in the preparation of the IFRS Special Fund financial statements. This role will have full responsibility over 3-4 Special Funds alongside assisting the team with general Funds accounting requirements.
The Donor Fund year-end short term role is to take responsibility for the preparation of over 170 special purpose financial statements and be the point of contact for auditor and internal clients alongside assisting the team with general Funds accounting requirements. This role also requires input into robotics process automation .
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Preparation of annual financial statements for allocated Special Funds and/or Technical Cooperation Funds accurately and to a tight deadline
- Undertakes investigations and inspections of data in accordance with established procedure to identify and quantify potential accounting postings required
- Maintains the accounting and reporting systems, files and other records required for the Bank and Donor Funds to ensure accurate and timely information
- Reviews transactions booked in front office systems and posted to the accounting systems for accuracy and appropriateness
- Identifies solutions to non-standard tasks/queries
- Provides advice to internal clients relating to relevant financial products or transactions
- Contributes to the development of procedures to ensure the accounting department best responds to the needs of the Bank/Donors
- Produces work in compliance with the Bank’s Internal Controls Framework
- Liaises with internal and external auditors and responds to queries
- Other ad hoc tasks as allocated by line manager
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level
- ACA qualified or equivalent
- Fluent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Significant relevant accounting experience
- Statutory financial accounts preparation and/or audit experience on financial accounts
- Strong numerical and financial skills with the ability to interpret financial information
- Fully competent in own practise area
- Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Excel
- Experience with Summit, Frameworks, SAP systems