Associate - Investment Accounting - Real Estate Private Equity
- GBP60000 - GBP70000 per annum + Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Circle Square Talent
- 12 Oct 18
We are working with one of the world's leading Real Estate private equity funds to hire an Investment Accounting Associate for their European team in London.
We are working with one of the world's leading Real Estate private equity funds to hire an Investment Accounting Associate for their European team in London. The firm has a broad pan-European investment strategy, with target investments including opportunistic direct Real Estate, Real Estate backed non-performing loan portfolios and corporate / platform investments in the Real Estate industry.
The role's primary function is to oversee the accounting, audit and administration of investment deals structured through Irish, Luxembourg, Spanish and Italian structures. Future deals may be structured in other jurisdictions.
As the book-keeping function is outsourced, the role involves working closely with external administrators, tax consultants and auditors. Internally, the role involves liaising with the investment teams as they are the main internal client.
- Reviewing all transactions for deals are updated and correctly coded on the cash management database daily. Whilst this is done by the cash management analyst, they will need to be supervised.
- Periodic analysis of deal costs as requested by the investment teams
- Send monthly loan servicing and cash transaction ledger to external administrators who prepare the quarterly management accounts pack.
- Analytical review of quarterly management accounts pack prepared by administrators, challenging the accounting treatment of transactions where necessary and ensuring inter-company balances are reconciled.
- Delivery of quarterly, half-yearly, annual unaudited and audited financial statements to lenders (banks)
- Allocation of approved distributions to entities within complicated structures
- Review of quarterly VAT and annual Corporation Tax computations
- Managing interim and annual audits with very tight deadlines
- Dealing with auditors, tax consultants, company secretaries and teams across various investment structures
- Overseeing/supervising the accounts payable process across investments, which is done by the cash management analyst
- Reviewing payment run files prepared by the cash management analyst before onwards provision to fund administrators
- Daily monitoring of cash balances in structures and arranging transfers of cash within inter-companies to facilitate payments
- Working with the investment teams to identify cash receipts to the relevant properties/borrowers
- Management of legal entity and bank account data on SharePoint
- Liaising with the Operations Team to feedback improvements for the Cash Management Database and SharePoint approvals environment
- Real Estate Audit experience at the Top 10 accounting firms
- In-house accounting experience at a Real Estate business, property company or Real Estate fund
- Accounting experience working for a hedge fund or private equity fund (non Real Estate), where the candidate has experience working on SPVs