Stanhope Capital is one of Europe’s leading alternatives to traditional private banks and wealth management firms. Founded in 2004, the group offers a full range of services – wealth management, consulting, merchant banking and private investments – in an environment where the interests of partners and employees are aligned with clients. Our mission is to combine significant investment expertise with the independence, transparency and high service standards expected by ultra-high net worth clients.
Stanhope Capital currently supervises over USD 12 billion of client assets, primarily held through third party funds, with over 90 employees in London, Geneva and Paris.
Our merchant banking team provides clients (typically entrepreneurs, industrial families, and corporates) with strategic financial and corporate advice in relation to M&A, equity and debt capital raisings.
A highly motivated individual with a strong academic background and 2-3 years of relevant experience in corporate finance and investment banking is sought to join the merchant banking team. The successful candidate will have experience of execution of M&A/capital raisings transactions and will be committed to building a career advising entrepreneurs/UHNWIs/families on corporate/PE investment situations.
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Being part of a close-knit merchant banking team (currently two partners, a Senior Associate and several senior advisers)
- Conducting company financial analysis, including building and running valuation and financial models
- Researching/ collating/ analysing corporate and financial information
- Assisting in all aspects of corporate advisory/ transactions, which may include M&A, capital raisings, and other types of transaction structures
- Working on transactions which may include 3rd party advisers e.g. lawyers and accountants - participating in conference calls, drafting agendas, developing and updating transaction timetables, and updating marketing materials etc.
Skills and experience:
- Knowledge of company valuation techniques: comparable trading and exit multiples, DCF, and LBOs, including developing and building excel models
- Good working knowledge of LBO modelling
- Experience of research/financial analysis of companies – ability to put together company profiles
- Ideally familiar with information service providers such as CapitalIQ and Bloomberg
- Ability to work autonomously and pro-actively and to take on responsibility quickly
- An open minded, hardworking individual with a can-do attitude, who wishes to apply their corporate finance skills in a unique boutique environment
Stanhope Capital LLP positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.