Associate - Project Finance / Debt Advisory
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
One of the leading international banks are seeking associates to join their infrastructure platform. The team provides a full suite of investment banking services to corporates and financial sponsors in the sub sectors of Infrastructure, Real Estate, Transport, Logistics, Support Services, Renewables and Power & Utilities. The team provides a single point for clients to access product agnostic advice on financing, capital markets and mergers and acquisitions. This is an strong global team with high deal flow and impressive credentials.
The associate would provide support across all sub-sectors in the origination and execution of ‘event-driven’ transactions; primarily mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets transactions, financing and debt advisory. Responsibilities would include: Creating marketing materials, Financial modelling (including DCF, LBO and Merger models) and analysis, Sector and product research and execution of transactions.
The associate would be delivering debt advisory/structured finance/project finance sector expertise across all product areas:
- 2-4 years’ experience in debt advisory, structured finance, project finance, ratings advisory and/or capital markets for infrastructure and real estate
- An ability to model from scratch a broad range of debt products including term loans, RCF, bonds, inflation linked debt and derivatives
- Have an understanding of core credit analysis including financial covenants, rating agency methodologies and credit metrics. Understand and ability to model valuation metrics including IRR, FCFE, DCF and Comparables
- Ability to review, understand and summarise due diligence (Commercial, Environmental, Insurance etc.)
- Understanding of the underlying legal documentation required for Loan facilities and bond issuance
- Experience in the processes undertaken for a bond issuance, acquisition financing, project finance and/or refinancing
- Understand security principles and able to negotiate and develop appropriate financial structures across sectors
- Understand how to determine the relative pricing on both bonds and loans and the core underlying drivers in order to devise pricing rationale