Associate - TMT - Corporate Finance
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 27 Jul 18 2018-07-27
Investec is a distinctive Specialist Bank and Asset Manager serving clients principally in the UK, Australia and South Africa. Our culture is our competitive edge: we work hard to find colleagues who’ll challenge ordinary thinking, and put them in environments where they’ll flourish. We combine a flat structure with a focus on internal mobility. If you can bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn and collaborate to your work, we see you – and this could be the boost your career deserves.
What You'll do
- Assist in maintaining and further developing relationships with existing clients, as allocated.
- Prepare client proposals / pitches.
- Prepare and review transaction documentation across M&A and ECM, both in the public and private markets.
- Communicate with clients, colleagues and regulators as required.
- Assist Directors and Associate Directors in providing advice to corporate clients and private equity investors on a range of M&A and fundraising opportunities.
- Assist Directors and Associate Directors in providing advice to corporate clients on their relationships with investors and the market place.
- Assist Directors and Associate Directors to communicate with institutional investors regarding corporate clients.
- Learn how to develop, market and sell new business ideas to clients.
- Learn how to identify, target and win new clients.
- Experience in a large Investment Bank or leading Corporate Finance Boutique – preferably in TMT – but candidates from other M&A sectors will be considered.
- Ability to comfortably interact with clients and people in a professional and mature manner
- Strong analytical / numeracy skills including financial analysis, valuation and modelling techniques
- Ability to react well to pressure whilst multitasking on numerous projects
- High level of attention to detail and time management
- Initiative to take responsibility for tasks and drive them to completion
- Excellent knowledge of PowerPoint, excel and presentation solutions
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment
- Internal / external client interaction for business generation
- Ability to use the relevant IT applications
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly (compulsory)
- Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory)
- Coaching & Assessment (compulsory for Managers and Supervisors)
Research shows that some candidates – particularly female candidates – can be reluctant to apply to a role unless they meet all the criteria. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit here and welcome you to do the same – if the role excites you, please don’t let our person specification hold you back. Get in touch!