- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Sep 17
Associate Analyst - Sub Sovereign
Location: London, England, United KingdomFor our London office we are looking for a number of open positions at the Associate Analyst level to join the RRS - Sub Sovereign Group. The Associate Analyst (AA) will provide lead analysts with holistic credit analysis of issuers - for both ratings and research. The successful candidate will build on preliminary analysis to formulate more comprehensive credit analysis within Moody's public sector Europe (MPSE) team and supports lead analysts in interactions with external markets, including issuers and investors.
The AA role provides an opportunity for the candidate to make a significant contribution towards the success of the Rating teams by providing a range of analytical support that contributes to overall credit analysis outcomes. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in public finance.
The AA position provides a unique opportunity to develop strong analytical and professional skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry.
- Provides analytical and research support on a portfolio of credits.
- Provides review and quality assessment of work products from more junior team members .
- Performs holistic analysis of issuers and market and applies relevant Moody's methodologies.
- Supports lead analysts in advanced and bespoke analytical tasks, examples include:
- Analysis of debt documentation; prepare rating committee memo; drafting of issuer and sector research; preparation of materials for issuer meetings and investor briefings
- Provide credit specific nuance and identify credit issues that affect issuer ratings
- Effectively and persuasively communicates credit knowledge and rating analysis rationale in both written and oral form.
- Accompanies lead analyst to issuer and investor meetings, and may lead certain issuer discussions; supports lead analyst in ongoing interactions.
- Attends Rating Committees and presents certain sections of Rating Committees memos
- Develops and maintains an understanding of industry trends and issues.
- Performs certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks, as well as special projects as needed.
The Department / Team:
The Ratings & Research Support department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody's Ratings and Research function. In addition, this department will provide support for surveillance requirements and partner with R&R to provide the necessary support for issuer and investor interactions.
- Minimum undergraduate/ first level degree (e.g. Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent qualifications) in Accounting & Finance, Economics, Banking, Public Finance etc.
- Proven credit experience ideally within Public Finance or related experience from a recognised financial institution or an audit firm.
- Very good Accounting background (e.g., through coursework, CFA (or equivalent), or relevant work experience).
- Well-developed IT skills including advanced Excel and PowerPoint, with the ability to use financial models and software specific to the business.
- strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Fluent in English is essential. Fluent in other E uropean languages would be highly beneficial (French, Spanish, German, Nordics).
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.