Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
The Client On-Boarding team is part of the Client Management Services, which is situated within the Corporate and Investment Banking Division of MUFG Bank. However, this function acts as a centralized 1st line support team, providing support to Investment Banking and Corporate Banking in EMEA, Capital Markets and MUFG Securities both in London and in Amsterdam.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This individual will be responsible for the management of all on-boarding related tasks for given areas across MUFGs Banking arm and securities business for all existing business relationships. This includes; Customer Due Diligence, Screening (Bribery, Corruption, Adverse Media & sanctions), regulatory classification and suitability assessments. The individual will be required to support both the direct line management and the wider team as required.
A key aspect to this role is the effective capacity management, stakeholder management, and a drive to improve the on-boarding service provided to the customer and the business.
- Ensure that “Know you Customer” due diligence reviews are completed within the prescribed review cycle in order to comply with the Bank’s AML policy and all applicable regulatory requirements. This includes the assignment and forecasting of volumes for the given areas.
- Complete relevant Bribery and Corruption checks for prospective transactions in order to identify potential reputational, business and sanction risks, to ensure that when the business presents to senior management and credit for initial approval a full account of any risk is clearly detailed and defined for consideration.
- Conduct and maintain accurate records of customer categorisation and suitability assessments on all customers, to ensure that the products/services that we are providing to the customer are suitable, appropriate and in line with the requirements of MiFiD, EMIR and the Dodd Frank Act.
- Pursue Lean-On-Boarding; actively seek out opportunities to improve the on-boarding process; including the strengthening and implementation of controls and improving efficiency. In addition the individual will be responsible for ensuring that all related team procedures, processes and related material are kept up to date.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert within the Corporate and Investment Banking Divisions and Securities Divisions in relation to all AML On-Boarding aspects, assisting on ad-hoc queries where required. In addition the individual will be required to represents the team and potentially the division/bank to key stakeholders on these matters.
- As a senior within the team, the individual may also be responsible for 2nd checks and in some instances approval of various items within the team (classification forms, PEP Memos, Exceptional handling escalations). They may also be required to conduct Quality Control reviews on KYC cases completed within the team.
- Act as an initial point of escalation for queries to 2nd line and Management from Analysts within the team; reviewing issues, resolving where possible and escalating if required. Escalation should be clear, concise and, where applicable, include a proposed route forward based on individual’s wider AML knowledge.
- Be involved with the Training and Development of more junior members of the team
- Keep abreast of developments in current trends and progress on money laundering, bribery and corruption and it prevention.
- Experience in Anti Money Laundering, fraud and bribery or Financial Crime roles
- Experience with Investment Banking & the On-Boarding of Corporate entities (including Private Companies and SPVs)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies
- Awareness of UK & European Anti-Money Laundering regulations
- Knowledge of various corporate structures
- Able to communicate effectively to key stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail and able to multi task
- Able to manage own workload
- Ability to effectively utilise Microsoft Office (particularly word & excel)
Education / Qualifications
- Degree Level or relevant industry experience
- Relevant qualifications in Anti Money Laundering, fraud and bribery or Financial Crime roles would be highly beneficial
- Languages skills are not mandatory but would be beneficial as this role covers EMEA clients
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- A confident approach, with the ability to provide clear direction to more junior members of the team
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.