Associate, Corporate Advisory
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
Join us as an Associate, Corporate Advisory in London
- We're looking for an analytically minded professional with knowledge of financial modelling, corporate finance and credit analysis to join us as an Associate for our Corporate Sector Advisory function
- Working in the Consumer and Retail team, you'll be exposed to a wide range of sub-sectors, meaning you'll be well positioned to develop your knowledge over time and specialize opening excellent progression opportunities
- The team plays a critical role in ensuring that we remain strategically engaged with our clients by proactively anticipating and addressing issues and opportunities that may affect their business
What you'll do
You'll be applying your corporate finance and/or credit expertise across the Consumer/Retail sector, with the aim of helping develop the strategic dialogue to originate financing business with key clients. Drawing on your expert sector knowledge, you'll anticipate the next moves of the industry or client, ensuring an appropriate level of strategic engagement with senior client executives.
You'll be providing hands on support to more senior members of the team with client situations, developing your expertise in relation to specific sectors, corporate finance techniques, credit ratings analysis and capital structure optimisation. You'll interact with our clients on a regular basis, creating, and occasionally executing, compelling client pitches with sector, capital structure and debt structuring content.
In addition to this, you'll also be:
- Developing close relationships and driving collaboration with teams such as Ratings Advisory, Risk Advisory, Coverage, Credit Risk and Natwest Markets and Leveraged Finance teams
- Attending client meetings and presentations where appropriate
- Proactively managing risks in your area, making sure the control environment is effective and that the correct controls are in place
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a team player with excellent analytical abilities, and knowledge of the Consumer/Retail sector, financial modelling and credit analysis.
You'll have financing, debt or ratings advisory, equity analysis, corporate finance or credit risk experience within an investment or commercial banking environment, and you'll hold a degree, with an accounting qualification being desirable, but not essential. You'll also need to have an understanding of investment or commercial banking organisational design and the ability to navigate to achieve client delivery.
Along with this, you'll also need to have:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Excellent multi tasking and organisational skills
- An assured and professional presence in all settings
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under the Certified Regime (CR) of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to enhanced pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy several background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check and personal, financial and social conduct assessment.
You can find out more about IAR by visiting Bank of England website and searching for "Individual Accountability Regime".