We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
Overall Purpose of Job:
- To support the securing of mandates for MUFG as a lead bank in the structuring and execution of the strategic and acquisition financing transactions for our corporate clients, and to support related deal execution.
Number of direct reports:
- Carry out industry, company, structuring and event-driven situation (including M&A) analysis necessary for the identification of potential strategic financing mandates. Take initiative to develop relevant sector and technical expertise.
- Take the lead in developing the relevant analysis to show (inter alia) pro forma merger financials, sensitivity scenarios, the impact of potential reorganisations / disposals / IPO / synergies, key ratio (including credit rating agencies’) analysis, liquidity to inform decision making at senior levels.
- Support (and lead where appropriate) the preparation and presentation of (i) the necessary client marketing and financing advisory materials (presentations, pitch books etc.) and (ii) the supporting internal approval documents, in coordination with other deal team members.
- As directed by the Deal Team Leader and in conjunction with other members of the deal team, take responsibility for supporting the execution of Strategic Finance mandates.
- Provide guidance and coaching for new and junior colleagues in the team (in particular, graduates on rotation)
- Build relationships throughout MUFG to establish a peer network, gather relevant information and help to ensure effective inter-departmental collaboration.
- Conduct initial compliance checks in line with internal and external processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated and developing knowledge of corporate financing.
- Minimum 2 year experience in a relevant role, for example at a leading Acquisition Finance, M&A advisory or Structured Finance house.
- Undergraduate/Master degree from leading universities, or equivalent
- Appropriate professional qualifications advantageous e.g. CFA.
- An established working knowledge of the corporate loan and debt capital markets, of M&A
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.