Associate Development Programme, UK Relationship Banking
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Silicon Valley Bank UK
- 07 Dec 17 2017-12-07
SVB’s Associate Development Program gives entry-level associates advanced, hands-on training in areas including credit risk assessment, loan portfolio management and client relationship skills. Join us and you'll work with client relationship teams across the UK on a wide range of responsibilities, including conducting due diligence on potential clients, managing loan portfolio risk and supporting loan growth, underwriting new deals, identifying and resolving compliance issues, and providing client support and management.
~~Engage with the cutting-edge technology companies that are changing the world. Work on the front lines of the future. Build a career with purpose. If you’re looking for a company that values your ambition and passion — and your health and happiness outside of work — you’re in the right place.
For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovators, enterprises and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. Today, we provide a full range of banking and financing services to businesses of all sizes in innovation centres around the world. SVB Financial Group, the parent company of Silicon Valley Bank, has had a presence in the UK since 2004. The bank is committed to supporting disruptive technology and life science businesses within the UK’s vibrant innovation sector, including The Foundry, Made.com and ECI Partners.
SVB Financial Group has approximately 2000+ employees in 15 US states, over $40 billion in assets, and serves entrepreneurs around the world through its 28 offices in the United States and international operations in the UK, Ireland, Israel and China.
SVB has built a culture based on five core values: being enterprising, ethical, driven, dedicated and united. Both internally and with our clients, we value professionalism and emphasise its importance in communication, responsiveness and approach.
SVB’s singular focus on technology and life science businesses and the venture capital and private equity firms that serve them, the breadth of the services it provides to its clients, its global growth strategy, and its core values create a unique and satisfying environment for members of the team.
“Our business requires being agile and responsive to our tech-savvy clients. This keeps me challenged and engaged every day.” – Raju, Global Digital Banking at SVB
“SVB is a collaborative and supportive place to work. The environment is incredibly dynamic, and it really stretches you.” – Jason H, Life Sciences at SVB
SVB’s Associate Development Program gives entry-level associates advanced, hands-on training in areas including credit risk assessment, loan portfolio management and client relationship skills.
We look for associates from all degrees and backgrounds, from arts to sciences and finance. You are a sharp, driven, curious professional who isn't afraid to speak up with new ideas, challenge old ways of doing things and always ask "why?"
Join us and you'll work with client relationship teams across the UK on a wide range of responsibilities, including conducting due diligence on potential clients, managing loan portfolio risk and supporting loan growth, underwriting new deals, identifying and resolving compliance issues, and providing client support and management.
Skills and Requirements Search
This may be the job for you if:
• You're a team player, but are comfortable working independently. You can keep a level head under pressure.
• You're motivated and strive for success. You have strong organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills. You act without being asked and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
• You have strong written and verbal communication skills. You have general financial analysis skills and the ability to read and understand financial statements. You can explain complex situations with ease.
• You love to learn and have a tendency to pick things up quickly.
• You enjoy a challenge and thinking outside of the box. You don't give up easily and if you don't know the answer, you strive to find it.
• An interest in the technology sector and venture capital / private equity transactions.
• You've earned a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.