This is a brand new Associate Director - Capital Issuance & Short Term Funding role within an international bank. My client is looking for someone with excellent communication skills and a background working in Treasury.
My client is a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies succeed across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
The role responsibilities are as follows:
- Participate in corporate level strategic projects undertaken by the Group including Corporate Planning and Capital Issuance.
- Assist in evaluating capital issuance and funding options (markets, capital type and structure) to support organic and inorganic growth strategies.
- Support capital issuance and capital restructuring projects relating to the Group and its subsidiaries - including assessment of issuance options, coordination of tax / accounting / legal issues, documentation, internal approvals, external approvals, due diligence and execution to facilitate completion of project within set deadlines.
- Evaluate and recommend capital issuance, buy-back and funding options including market, security type and structure to support the Group's strategy in line with the Board-approved capital and liquidity risk appetite.
- Support the team in the maintenance of the Group's debt portfolio of ~$40bn of securities across multiple debt programmes and legal entities.
- Ensuring appropriate management information on capital projections is provided to senior management committees, particularly GALCO.
- Ensuring that issuance activity follows best practices, including Operational Risk requirements
- Seeking internal approvals for capital issuance as necessary
- Seeking necessary external approvals for capital issuance/structure from PRA
- Seeking debt ratings from credit rating agencies
- Preparation of relevant documentation, including verification of any Prospectus produced with relevant internal parties, review of legal agreements, comfort letters, preparation of management due diligence responses, coordination of tax, accounting and legal issues
- Co-ordination and collation of documentary due diligence when required
- Establish and maintain effective external relationships to support capital issuance
- Review recommendations from investment banks and external legal counsel with regards to the restructuring of issued debt, including amendments to legal documentation following negotiations with external parties.
- Manage and execute local debt capital issues with overseas units, including obtaining relevant Head Office approvals, advising unit on best practice for internal procedures.
- Supervise debt interest payments to ensure timely and accurate remittance to noteholders; review rate re-fixings on floating rate debt; liaise with Paying Agents as necessary on any queries.
- Monitor continuing obligations on debt issues in conjunction with Group Corporate Secretariat.
- Maintain knowledge of the Disclosure and Transparency Rules, the EU Prospectus Directive and other legislative and regulatory changes relating to capital issuance to ensure on-going compliance.
- Maintain and manage relationships with external legal counsel
- Work closely with Treasury Capital Forecasting team to manage non-equity capital and MREL forecasts and funding plans, including downstreaming and hedging
- Manage the issuance inputs into the annual corporate planning process
- Discuss accounting treatment of capital issuance and other transactions to ensure correct reporting in the ledger and that correct treatment under IFRS is applied (eg debt/equity treatment).
- Own the teams operational risk framework and reporting, including inputs to appropriate committees
The successful Associate Director - Capital Issuance & Short Term Funding will have:
- Good communication skills
- Treasury background
- Relevant experience in banking/finance
- Knowledge of capital markets
- Knowledge of operational risk
This is a permanent role based in the City of London.