Associate Director - Domain Architecture
About the opportunity Department Description
Fidelity is investing in its Enterprise Architecture team with the purpose to serve the needs of Fidelity by enabling the Business, Technology and Data strategies to flourish to realise the targeted business opportunities and value.
Enterprise Architecture operates across the business and domain portfolios.
Overall, the functions aim is to:
- Unite Business, Technology and Data strategies into a technology roadmap
- Lead the transformation of Fidelity's technology estate
- Align innovation with strategy and business need
- Provide strategic thought-leadership for Fidelity
- Commission key strategy change and drive adoption
- Ensure efficient use of change investment leading to maximum business value return
- Operate across technical, organisation and process challenges to drive design of enterprise solutions.
- Instigate and direct Delivery's regulatory and compliance engagement, verifying success through governance checks
- Educate technology and business on solutions and technologies that are relevant for the strategies
Domain Architecture are the foundation of Enterprise Architecture, enabling key capabilities and providing best practices, common solutions and repeatable patterns that enable our portfolios to provide excellent business solutions that delight our customers. In everything we do, we aim to add real value, provide excellent solutions, and support our people on the adoption journey. The three key pillars of Domain Architecture are: Cloud, Digital, and Unbundling. Purpose of the Role
FIL are a "Cloud First" organisation and drive loosely-coupled, cloud native architectures to promote application extensibility, scalability, resilience, efficiency, and reuse in delivering solutions both internally and externally. We are looking for an experienced architect who shares our passion for designing the next generation of Fidelity and enabling our people and projects on the journey.
In this role, you will provide thought-leadership and be responsible for defining and implementing EA strategies, including Integration and APIs, that enable an extensible architecture that can flex to support future internal and external customer demand. You will be defining architecture standards, mitigating risks, supporting our people, and working closely with technology and business leaders globally to make the case for these strategies as a key enabler of FIL's business objectives. We are looking for you increase business value, remove waste, enable data driven decision making and develop re-usable solutions and patterns that can scale across Fidelity. Key Responsibilities
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Define architecture technical standards and best practices which reflect FIL's strategies, policies, and risk appetite.
- Be a thought-leader, supporting architects in incorporating effective integrations and APIs into their loosely-coupled solutions.
- Collaborate with other lead Domain Architects to drive an aligned and comprehensive Domain Architecture strategy.
- Work closely with the Head of Engineering to develop re-usable patterns and proofs of concept.
- Along with other key domain leads, define and maintain the Fidelity Cloud Eco-System.
- Work closely with business and technologies stakeholders, and as appropriate customers and industry groups, to identify and progress API opportunities.
- Provide consultancy and support to delivery teams and other technology teams as required.
- Build and maintain the API ecosystem.
- Identify, document, and mitigate key risks in adopting and operating an API offering externally.
- Work alongside the Portfolio Enterprise Architects to enable the development of portfolio target architectures and transition states towards successful adoption of integration and API strategies.
- Ensure that API governance is efficient and effective in adhering to current and emerging regulatory requirements, audit control points, as well as implementing FIL's cloud mitigation plan.
- Evangelise and drive the adoption of the patterns and capabilities in Fidelity's API strategy.
- Educate, set direction and support teams during the adoption and build of APIs and Services.
- Be a leader of cultural change for adopting FIL's Integration and API strategies.
- Work closely with Learning & Development to establish and maintain learning paths to help FIL staff ramp-up on key skills.
- Work alongside the Head of Domain Architecture to create compelling explainer materials that drive the adoption of Cloud.
- Drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, costs, project management, and risk mitigation.
About you About Fidelity International
- Strong understanding and a passion for Integration, API and Micro Service patterns (Security, Architecture, DevOps, Agile).
- Hands-on experience of Integration and API design and Service patterns, tools and languages.
- An understanding and experience of development languages, preferably Java, Node JS, and/or Python.
- Good understanding of cloud-based platforms and architectures such as Amazon Web Services and Azure.
- Demonstrable all-round technology experience is essential and the ability to convey often complex, abstract technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- A good understanding of financial markets, products and organisations.
- Experience of providing technical and delivery leadership to engineers and developers to ensure solution designs are consistent with a strategic architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including executive presentations.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, with a demonstrated experience influence across multiple teams.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Excellent and resourceful problem-solving skills, adaptable with a willingness to learn
- Proactive and self-organising with a "can-do" approach
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $471 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 30 September 2020. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.