A Global Multi-Family Office are seeking a Newly Qualified Accountant to join them post merger in a mixed role to focus on JV relationships
We have partnered with a global multi-family office, co-investment partner and merchant banking boutique that provides solutions across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Advising across four service lines, this growing business is about to complete on a merger with a US investment and wealth advisor which will take their combined assets under management close to $60 billion and be listed on Nasdaq, gaining access to substantial capital for further investments. JOB ROLE
The Associate Director for the Asset Management business will manage and oversee JV relationships and reporting. This individual will be responsible for ensuring timely reporting under IFRS / UK GAAP and Group consolidation.
The role will suit someone Newly Qualified from a Top 20 Accounting firm where you would have audited clients with JV's or Equity Accounts.
ACCA's from Industry are also welcomed if from an Asset or Wealth Management / Family Office business. RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Being the first point of contact and taking responsibility for the Asset Management JVs and associates to ensure accurate reporting within the Group’s required timeframes.
- Managing relationships with key internal stakeholders on JV and associates.
- Carrying out a first review of JV and associate reporting and raising any discrepancies.
- Working with the JV and associate teams to ensure adequate controls are in place, and identifying potential control and process improvements
- Assisting the FP&A and consolidation manager with the monthly and quarterly consolidation of JVs and associates.
- Working with the JV and associate teams to prepare annual and rolling forecasts for JVs and associates
- Working closely with the Asset Management financial accountant for internal reporting and monitoring.
- Assisting with preparation of year-end information for external audit and to be the main point of contact with external auditors for queries on JVs and associates.
- Newly ACA or ACCA qualified, audit experience preferred
- Experience with equity method accounting and group consolidations is required
- Strong technical knowledge across UK GAAP is required, experience with IFRS or US GAAP is desirable though not essential
- Wealth management and/or asset management industry experience is preferred, though not essential
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Hybrid Working, Bonus, Freedom to further scope out your role and expand it