Associate Director - Product Engineering
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BGL Group Limited
- 18 Jul 18 2018-07-18
At comparethemarket.com (CTM) our passion is creating great software, we look to push the boundaries with new technologies so that we can deliver the very best for our customers.
Our culture is built on empowerment, accountability and personal development. Our ambition is for every UK household to benefit from the most reliable, available and personal comparison service there is and we constantly challenge ourselves to make each visit better than the last.
We’re looking for an experienced technology leader to be accountable for the performance of large diverse product and data teams to deliver a market leading customer experience. You’ll achieve this by creating a workplace that promotes mastery, autonomy and accountability.
An exceptional communicator, you’re able to bridge and translate the gap between tech and the wider business whilst instilling the virtues of customer centricity within engineering. You’ll bring a credibility to the table that is underpinned by a solid technical know-how and a zeal for emerging technology and its ability to enable the business to achieve great things
What will you be responsible for as CtM’s AD for Product Engineering?
- Accountable for the performance of a large Product Engineering area and ensure that your Product Teams deliver their initiatives to within 10% of the committed, whilst maintaining a four 9s level of internal availability
- Manage and lead your function across 3 different sites: London, Peterborough & Belarus in an environment that promotes mastery, autonomy and accountability
- Have oversight of the operation in Belarus and the management and allocation of augmentation resources
- Ensure that your team understands CtM vision and strategy and the tech strategy
- Work with colleagues in Product and Marketing to deliver great customer experiences and propositions
- Ensure that Product Engineering is continually delivering working software without trading quality for time
- Ensure that your Product Teams operate within a set of technical standards (called the Immune System) which enables your area to Build, Run and Own its products
What will it take to be successful as CtM’s AD for Product Engineering?
- Experience of building innovative, robust and scalable software solutions using Big Data technologies
- Can demonstrate proven success in establishing and delivering large scale technology programmes
- A deep understanding and experience of development tools, methods and approaches
- Is passionate about delivering great customer experiences, beyond the basic expectation
- Strong team builder with superb communication skills and powerful influencing skills
- Has experience of building innovative, robust and scalable solutions using Big Data technologies.
- Has an understanding and experience of big data and cloud technologies including; streaming technologies, data processing, and large-scale storage solutions
These are exciting times to be at CtM. The intelligent use of technology is at the heart of our plans to enhance our already successful business.