Be a Part of Our Success
Associate Director, GRM European Supplier Risk Advisory & Oversight
What is the opportunity?
The AD, European Third Party Risk & Oversight is a 2nd line of defense role, responsible for the thought leadership and the effective design, administration and oversight of the third party risk management program across Europe, leveraging the enterprise wide supplier risk management strategy and framework for RBC. The strategy and framework allows management to identify, measure, monitor, and mitigate the risks associated with third party suppliers and select intra-group arrangements. The AD works with Executives and Senior Management across Platforms, Functions and Centers of Governance to ensure compliance with regulatory and policy requirements and provides strategic direction, training and support to the European third party risk and supplier management community across RBC.
What will you do?
- Ensure that the performance management and oversight of European material / critical arrangements are appropriately anchored with local senior management.
- Provide local 2nd line support to local Supplier Managers for adherence to RBC supplier management arrangements (framework, policy, procedures, guidelines etc.). Regional Intra-group arrangement roll-out
- Participate in and benchmark against Industry leading practices
- Lead 3rd party global regulatory responses where required by local 2nd LOD, as required (FCA, ECB, PRA, etc.) Co-Lead with CoGs – regulatory responses and monitoring. Document regional regulatory developments, gap analysis, and tracking to ensure compliance.
- Ensures that local regulatory requirements, expectations, notifications are complied with. Be the authoritative source of regional Third Party risk and outsourcing regulatory requirements
- Lead the development, update and publication of regional policy (as required), standards and guidelines (Exit Strategy, Subcontractor, Concentration risk, Intra-Group, etc.) and ensure Enterprise framework, policies and standards align to regional requirements.
- Develop and update regional training and stakeholder engagement programs (Supplier Risk Management, SRM, etc.) as required. Oversee appropriate local training and communication strategies for those involved in Third Party Risk, outsourcing and supplier management.
- Lead Development of supporting standards with other CoGs (IT Risk, BCM, Privacy etc.)
- Provide guidance to regional IAS – ongoing reviews/guidance, as required
- Leverage enterprise tools to ensure the implementation of regional risk identification, risk assessment and analysis, reporting on risk profile of supplier portfolio, where required
What do you need to succeed?
- Significant hands on supplier risk management experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the overall Supplier Lifecycle and specifically Supplier Risk Management, (FCA _SYSC 8, ECB Outsourcing, PRA, etc.)
- Experience in implementing 2nd line of defence requirements
- Degree in Business, Risk or Financial Management
- Professional designation (Risk Management, Finance, Procurement)
- Significant knowledge of regulatory requirements and best practices regarding Third Party, supplier risk management and outsourcing
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: City of London
Address: Riverbank House
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2017-09-29
Req ID: 145331
Posting Notes: [[mfield1]]