Associate Director, Group Public Affairs & Sustainability, FTC
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
This is a key role in Standard Chartered's Community Engagement team within the Corporate Affairs department that manages the project portfolio of the Bank's flagship programme, Seeing is Believing (SiB).
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for someone to join our community team for 9-12 months as the Associate Director of our Seeing is Believing team.
This is a key role in Standard Chartered's Community Engagement team within the Corporate Affairs department that manages the project portfolio of the Bank's flagship programme, Seeing is Believing (SiB). The role involves working closely with the programme team at the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB), the Bank's strategic partners for SiB, and Country Corporate Affairs teams across the bank. The role will manage the project development and selection process, oversee monitoring and evaluation, maintain the risk register of projects and act as the bank's internal expert on avoidable blindness. The role is also responsible for providing timely and relevant content for communicating the impact of the projects to donors and internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage SiB projects with IAPB
- Manage the SiB projects in various countries (26 countries as of August 2017) which are funded by Seeing is Believing and implemented by international and local charitable organisation partners.
- Manage the project development, selection and partner on-boarding process for the SiB project portfolio, which includes four key components: Type One Projects (comprehensive eye care), Type Two projects (child eye care), Locally Developed Projects (developed by local Standard Chartered teams) and Innovation Fund projects.
- Ensure projects meet key criteria around need, cost-efficiency, sustainability and bank engagement. Support the Director of SiB in managing the relationship with IAPB and The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust.
- Own the relationships with key NGO partners, especially Innovation Fund NGO partners.
- Ensure good governance of SiB project grants
- Ensure the good governance of projects by working with IAPB to identify and communicate project risks promptly, implement risk mitigation actions and ensure the bank meets its governance obligations to projects.
- Work with the SiB finance team and Associate Director - Fundraising to ensure that all funds raised for SiB are sent to vetted and approved projects.
- Monitor, evaluate and report the impact of SiB projects
- Oversee an impact assessment conducting by an external agency and communicate the results.
- Report on the performance of the SiB projects to SiB's committees and regional and country Corporate Affairs teams.
- Create central database and log all project reports, case studies and newsletters.
- Update key fact and figures on SiB and global eye health regularly in the Bank's communications materials and annual report.
- Act as the bank's 'internal expert' on eye health in general and SiB in particular.
- Draft award submissions for SiB.
- Lead internal and external communications, campaigns and events to raise awareness on SiB.
- Drive the communications on SiB projects and their impact at group, regional and country levels to engage stakeholders and create brand value for the Bank.
- Lead the celebration of World Sight Day (WSD) in October at Group level and support country Corporate Affairs on local activation.
- Support the Director of SiB and lead on components of the SiB 15th anniversary celebration in 2018
- Be a flexible team player and be willing to contribute to ad-hoc projects and events.
- Work with Country Corporate Affairs teams to manage their in-country SiB projects
- Engage Corporate Affairs teams and SiB Champions in governing their in-country projects and develop staff engagement opportunities.
- Work with IAPB and country Corporate Affairs teams to profile the launch and progress of the projects and ensure full conclusion and celebration of completed projects at country level.
- Work with IAPB to identify best practice in SiB projects and share with NGO partners and country Corporate Affairs teams to enhance quality of projects.
- Manage SiB committees
- Serve as Secretariat to the SiB Programme Committee and Innovation Fund Committee.
- Support Director of SiB to manage SiB Management Committee, which all SiB committees report into.
- OthersSupport emergency response and disaster relief initiatives within the Bank
- Support ad hoc sustainability-linked stakeholder engagement events
- Support the SiB 15th year anniversary activities and events in 2018
If you're a bright mind with big ambitions, we'll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. Apply Now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential.