Associate Director, Private Company Data
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 15 Feb 19
Associate Director, Private Company Data
The Role: Associate Director, Private Company Data
The Location: London, UK
The Team: Our Cross-Segment and Platforms team focuses on defining, managing and supporting workflow solutions for professionals across the markets and sectors we serve. This creative team of experts collaborates across client segments and drives continuous improvements in product innovation and usability.
The Role: As Associate Director, you lead the execution and partner with key partners to define Market Intelligence's private company data strategy. This requires connecting with our customers and internal partners to drive product management for strategic projects that support key growth strategies for the division.
The Impact: You will help drive the business by implementing products and programs to drive new sales and price increases. The position interacts with clients/prospects, engages with leadership and peers across Product, Commercial and Technology groups.
What's in it for you: This position provides the opportunity to play a highly involved strategic role driving one to several key strategic initiatives across Market Intelligence. You will assess and prioritize client needs, map out product integration and identify new market opportunities and the competitive landscape through market research to drive platform innovation and expansion.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- You will manage the product development process for our private company data workflows to identify growth opportunities and develop a robust pipeline for long term growth.
- You will collaborate with segment and new product development product management and commercial teams on the market development process by identifying, analyzing, and recommending growth opportunities
- You will engaging with key customers globally to ensure we have the ability to identify new growth initiatives and how to improve existing products/platforms.
- You will developing our market outreach plan and interpreting the results of product opportunities globally. You will work across multiple teams to establish go to market plans and drive adoption and awareness of our private company data.
- You will need broad knowledge of the industry and have a keen interest in employing new technologies to develop new alternative datasets.
What We're Looking For:
- At least 6-8 years of Product Management experience or exposure to markets meaningful to this product specialty. Management consulting or business development experience will be a plus.
- Proven ability to drive execution of large-scale initiatives within a complex organizational structure
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas effectively, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in finance, business, economics, mathematics or a related subject
- High degree of comfort navigating a large organization, establishing relationships, selling ideas with diplomacy, working and communicating effectively with people at all levels of seniority
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Adept at moderating and facilitating product design discussions
- Project Management skills - not necessary to be a certified project manager, but someone with a sense of urgency when required, and a head for scheduling and planning, who can efficiently and effectively guide a small group towards a goal, set up meetings, delegate, etc.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.