See job description for details
About The Role
- Build your career in the Credit & Capital Management division – International Banking.
- Great opportunity to provide research, analysis and insights to help clients make business decisions and execute on their strategy
- Reports to Director, Research & Analysis Europe.
Role Location: ANZ London
Role Type: Permanent, Full time opportunity
As an Associate Director, Research & Analysis in ANZ’s Resources, Energy & Infrastructure (“ REI
”) team, you will be focusing on production of high quality, fit-for-purpose financial, client and industry analysis to support credit decisions relating to large and complex REI clients. You will actively contribute to end-to-end relationship credit management process covering origination, transaction structuring, risk grading, risk analysis and credit approval, documentation, portfolio monitoring, and industry research. You will also provide first line of defence (in conjunction with Relationship executives) ensuring well managed principles are adhered to manage credit risks within allocated portfolio. You will represent the team on internal audit and portfolio assurance reviews, as well as be a change agent driving efficiencies across policy, process, systems and risk management across both within Europe and across the wider bank.
The International division within Institutional Banking is the global banking arm of ANZ servicing major corporations and governments across the bank’s footprint. The International division is the strategic driver of ANZ’s connectivity and growth between Asia Pacific, key financial centres in Europe and the US, and back to home markets Australia and New Zealand. About You
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following -
- Extensive banking experience with strong background in relationship credit risk assessment, structuring and management with large corporates
- Ideally experience and knowledge analysing customers in the REI sector – for example Natural Resources (Mining & Metals), Energy (Renewables, Oil & Gas), as well as Utilities & Infrastructure
- Strong analytical skills including experience with financial modelling
- Proven knowledge and exposure to bank risk and compliance management
- Strong client focus with the capability of leading due diligence activities, negotiations and senior level customer engagements
- Highly advanced collaboration, relationship, networking, influencing, and communication skills with a strategic mind set, highly commercial with a proven ability to balance risk/reward priorities
- Self-directed, team player with demonstrated New Ways of Leading behaviours
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number UNI000704.
This role is based in London, UK. The salary package on offer is competitive.
Application opening date: 05 May 2020
Application closing date: 02 June 2020