Associate Director, Senior Banker, Infrastructure, Power & Energy Portfolio
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
Associate Director, Senior Banker, Infrastructure, Power & Energy PortfolioRequisition ID
Dept. / Bus. Group
IEN Debt, Banking Portfolio
Posting End Date
The Associate Director, Infrastructure, Power & Energy Debt Portfolio Management, sits within the Portfolio Business Group (PBG), and is accountable for the day-to-day management of a specified performing debt portfolio consisting of individual operations within the Bank's Infrastructure and Energy sectors. The portfolio encompasses both private and public sector lending including operations showing signs of distress, which may require restructuring to pre-empt further deterioration. The AD as such is the focal point for all issues relating to their portfolio, for both internal stakeholders and clients.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
1. Operation Leader Management
- Acting as the primary provider of support and portfolio management knowledge to the implementing OL
- Ensuring the correct and timely application of EBRD procedures and policies as applies to the portfolio management of the projects.
- Conducting periodic performance appraisals
- Contributing to the identification of training and other resource needs.
2. Credit/Project/Client management
- The AD's primary focus should be to minimise the incidence of unduly late disclosure of problems and to maximise the incidence of constructive prevention / handling of problems emerging in their portfolio.
- Periodically review and assess the level of activities for each operation
- Closely liaise with relevant sector, country directors and heads of offices, EPG and Risk, etc, as necessary to ensure all relevant parties are aware of portfolio developments.
- Ensure appropriate and adequate reporting on the portfolio
3. Transaction Flow Management
- Contributing to discussions on appointment of an implementation OL for signed transactions in the portfolio and the new transactions arriving as part of the normal work flow
- Active assessment of expected transaction flow including plans for incoming new operations
4. As a member of the Portfolio Business Group
- Contributing, as required, to the formulation of PBGs Scorecard and its execution.
- Regularly reviewing the PBG operating model with the aim of identifying any areas where change is required (either required regulatory change or performance improvement) and take active role in building team connectivity, knowledge exchange and experience sharing for IPE team as well as Portfolio, Banking as a whole;
- Organising, alongside other Departments if needed, or contributing to improving/expanding trainings (credit, procurement, donor cofinancing, etc) reflecting best practices and lessons learned, as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Proven experience in implementing transactions in Infrastructure sectors, in particular in MEI transactions as well as the public sector under the Bank's PPRs;
- Understanding of, and significant experience in all or a combination of credit, project management and implementation risk management with demonstrable skills, knowledge and experience in lending/investments and/or risk management or project management, including but not limited to: financial, accounting (advanced), project management, and credit analysis and its application to transaction structuring and executions;
- Experience/ good knowledge of the Bank's Operations Manual in particular as relates to Portfolio Management
- Demonstrable experience in restructuring of private loans and/or experience in delivering policy dialogue, public sector procurement and the management of donor funds.
- Demonstrable experience in leading a group of high calibre professionals with an ability to motivate and drive high performance through a people centred approach and to navigate through differing interest groups both inside and outside of the Bank
- Good communication skills with the ability to articulate well both in a written and spoken form in order to address common objectives and overcome differences
- Experience or good knowledge in the Bank's data management systems and ability to navigate the system commonly used in the Bank
- A professional qualification in finance or accounting (such as CFA, ACCA or similar) would be considered a strong advantage
- Additional language skills of our Countries of operations would be beneficial
Diversity is one of the Bank's core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Banker, Manager, Finance, Management, Energy