Associate Director, Trade Product Manager
Transaction Banking Office for EMEA (ETBO) is a part of MUFG's Global Transaction Banking Division to drive regional business and support global and regional customers with Transaction Banking products in Trade Finance and Cash Management. Due to significant growth, we are looking for a strong Product Manager within Transaction Banking to join our business supporting the development, implementation and execution of the EMEA Trade Product Strategy. This will include end to end product management and enhancement of Trade product streams.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with 1100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees and about 300 entities offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management and leasing.
The Product Manager will join the recently established Trade Finance Product Team for EMEA. Reporting to the Trade Finance Product Head for EMEA, the Product Manager will be responsible for actively supporting the development, implementation and execution of the EMEA Trade Product Strategy as well as establishing and managing the Product Risk Framework. The role will include liaising with key stakeholders, e.g. Trade Finance Sales, Regional and Headoffice Product Teams, Operations, Credit, Compliance and Risk functions among others in order to facilitate the end to end management and enhancement of Product streams.
The role will be actively involved in promoting the Trade Finance set of products both internally and externally (industry events, conferences) with the goal of establishing a market leading positon in target client segments.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following.
- Product capability/market analysis and optimising processes
- Platform/Channel roll-out and management
- Developing and rolling out new products
- Validation and improvement of Management Information reporting and managing Product related information repository
- Creating and maintaining marketing collateral
- Working with internal stakeholders on Product related incidents and ad-hoc requests
- Management of Product Risk Framework in cooperation with internal Risk Functions (e.g. Compliance, Risk, Operations, Credit, Legal)
Success in the role will require the following.
- Degree education or equivalent level of relevant experience
- A minimum of 5 years in Product/ Business Management, Operations or Sales experience within Trade Finance and/or Receivables/Payables Finance
- Proven knowledge of Trade Finance Products (LCs, SBLCs/ Bonds/ Guarantees, Open Account - Payables Finance and Receivables Purchase)
- Underlying Rules (UCP, ISP, URDG)
- Legal/Regulatory frameworks as well as client/facility documentation
- Product related Risks and Mitigants
- Capital Treatment of Trade Finance and Payables/Receivable Finance products and Pricing Metrics
- Good knowledge of end to end Client Implementation and Transaction Management Functions
- Good knowledge of current trends and developments with regards to Digitisation, Automation and Standardisation of Trade Finance products and processes
MUFG Bank (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.