Associate Director, UK Loans Agency Team
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for......
The UK Loans Agency team is responsible for providing ongoing Agency support of a wide range of Loan products for Borrowers based in a number of locations across the Globe.
Role: Team Supervisor
· Working with the Trade Management Group and Business Units including Loan Syndications, Export Finance and Leverage Finance
· to onboard new Loan transactions
· Providing ongoing support to Borrowers and Lenders in these deals.
· Ensuring SCBs systems are up to date at all times
· Day to day management of Daily Workflow
· Supervision and checking of work in the team
· Resolution of issues associated with your Teams Loans Portfolio
· Development of Team members, providing coaching, training and mentoring as required as well as identifying development areas and providing regular feedback via 1 -2-1 's.
· Resolving system issues, including testing with the ACBS support teams.
· Representing the department in key departmental, regional or global governance and industry meetings both internally and externally
· Head, Financial Markets Operations, UK & Europe
· Senior business leaders from multiple Corporate Finance and Financial Markets origination teams including Loan Syndications, Export Finance, Leverage Finance
· Operational Risk
· Participant Syndicate Members and Borrowers as well as other Finance Parties.
· Good working knowledge of the Loans product
· Good understanding of the Roles and Responsibilities of an Agent Bank
· Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise workload
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to identify issues. Takes apart problems and situations, identifies and prioritises components.
· Proven ability to problem solve: Goes beyond the obvious to seek out relevant information and review transaction documentation to understand the issue
· Proven Risk Management Skills - Undertakes risk analysis, considering perspective of both SCB and participant banks. Ensures any new process is agreed with management with the appropriate departmental controls put in place.
Know How and Experience
· High degree of product and system technical expertise a result of working in the syndicated loan industry preferably within an Agency team
· Experience using ACBS would be preferable
· Established management skills
· Demonstrably experienced to manage through change
· Excellent communication skills
· Well organised. Consistently performs to a high level
· Able to build and nurture relationships with senior staff internally and on the Borrower / Lender side.
If you're a bright mind with big ambitions, we'll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. Apply Now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential.