Associate Director, eCommerce Sales
- Up to GBP0.0 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
Introduction Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
- Individual contributor Role
- Build and expand sales relationships with institutional and corporate clients who trade FX over electronic channels with the objective of assisting the team to meet their 2018 European eFX budget of $2.7 trillion USD of notional volume
- Ensure that we are relevant with our clients and that we are working together with voice sales to maximise our eFX market share and total FX wallet
- Increase electronic penetration as defined by specific and clear quantitative measures
- Attain revenue and market penetration goals
- Broaden client relationships from cash FX to other value added products such as NDF's, Options, Metals, Algos, etc
- Assist with eFI (credit & rates) distribution
- Develop a strong partnership with trading and sales
- awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Identifying target customers, both individually and by market sector.
- Carrying out detailed data analysis and valuation.
- Account opening on behalf of Sales, maintenance and liaising with all teams who form part of the on boarding process.
- Liaise with clients to obtain client information and documentation
- awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Build and expand sales relationships with institutional and corporate clients who trade FX over electronic channels.
- This would include S2BX, FIX APIs, and ECNs.
- Generate new business from existing clients and source new clients based on relationships and through the use of market data.
- Analyse client flows and work with pricing teams to optimize pricing and liquidity to achieve maximum monetization
- Work with product teams to channel client feedback and ideas into new features and expand product scope to enrich client relationships and add value to the business
- Support eFX sales to ensure clients are on-boarded and trading in a timely fashion
- Working with a large number of clients who are likely to have different requirements
- Competitive market that requires staying on top of client trading patterns and changes in market structure
- Focus on year on year growth across client acquisition, revenue and volume
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations, work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Adherence to code of conduct prescribed by FCA
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- the ability to interpret the Group's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Ensure mis matched or failed trades are dealt swiftly as per process, appropriate risk flags raised
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Contribute to the European eFX Sales team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: viz Fair Outcomes for Clients, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment etc
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adherence to code of conduct prescribed by FCA
- The role works closely with Sales, Trading, IT, Client Services, Compliance, Legal and both internal and external clients to encourage maximum co-operation and growth of the FX business through the deployment of e-Commerce solutions
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values as applicable in the European eFX Sales team,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications; i.e. standards required for roles
- Must be a Degree holder (Bachelors degree in Finance / Management / Economics / General Business)
- Basic understanding on FX markets, from pricing through settlement, trading FX
- Thorough understanding and expertise in data analysis using Excel
- Client facing experience to understand the nature of the FX participants which facilitates learning of overall financial markets
- Keen awareness of market dynamics and related institutional client relationships
- Good understanding of technology viz Fix Protocol, data centers, client connectivity channels etc
- Languages; i.e. Business English. No specific requirement of any other language