Associate Financial Engineer
- Analyse complex financial fixed-income instruments (ABS/MBS/CLO) for stress testing and regulatory submissions
- Reverse Engineer Structure Finance transactions in our Moody's proprietary cash flow engines
- Assist senior members of the team in supporting and training clients on software applications and the safe delivery/implementation of a suite of fixed income products.
- Help to develop detailed customer installation and/or system integration plans for a wide variety of financial institutions using our analytic software and data solutions.
- Aid in the implementation, customization and use of analytic solutions for risk analysis and regulatory submissions
- Some travel is required.
Required Skills / Experience
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's) or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. Master's) with an emphasis in financial engineering, computer science, engineering, math, finance, economics, or a related quantitative field preferred.
- Solid quantitative skills and analytical problem solving ability required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with the confidence to interact with top financial professionals.
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm and ability to learn quickly and excel as part of a dynamic team.
- Attention to detail and ability to work and learn independently.
- Proficient in writing macros using Microsoft Excel VBA.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server or another relational database is required.
- Working knowledge of financial concepts and exposure to structured finance.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.