Associate Investment Director
Who we're looking for
A bright and creative professional, with very strong interpersonal, written and analytical skills as well as knowledge of equities and a client-driven mindset to support the growth of our Global and Thematic Equities capabilities in partnership with the investment and distribution teams.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
Schroders Global Equities team manages over $45b across a range of global, international (Global ex US) and thematic product offerings. The team applies a consistent philosophy built around unanticipated growth and earnings revisions as the driver of outperformance through the cycle. We benefit from the breadth and depth of Schroders' research that marries local knowledge with global perspective while thoughtfully integrating ESG and alternative data into our analysis and decision-making.
What you'll do
The role will involve acting as a strong and effective link between the Investment and Distribution functions with respect to promoting the products by representing the investment management team through marketing support, the development of supporting product materials that serve to differentiate our portfolios and through direct client contact.
• Developing content to highlight portfolio positioning, market trends, illustrate the investment process and optimise competitive positioning
• Conduct performance attribution and risk analysis.
• Work in partnership with the Investment Directors and Portfolio Managers to help analyse and manage business issues such as capacity, pricing, product viability and investment process integrity.
• Respond to ad hoc requests from clients, media and the distribution team to enhance the understanding of the investment product and support the sales process.
• Provide product training and support to distribution team
• Support the broader Product team ensuring that product materials are produced to a high standard - including the production of RFP's, presentations, documentation for internal meetings, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc client reporting.
• Over time the individual will participate in meetings with clients, prospects and consultants to communicate our investment philosophy, strategy, positioning and performance.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Relevant industry experience and a record of achievement
• A demonstrated interest in global equity investing and passion for learning
• Advanced analytical skills including the ability to frame issues, identify important points and draw conclusions
• Strong technical skills; Highly proficient in MS Excel and Powerpoint
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• An MBA and/or CFA (or equivalent) is desirable though not required. Schroders will sponsor pursuit of CFA designation.
• Strong presentation skills
• Experience working with sustainability or thematic products
• Familiarity with Tableau, eVestment, Aladdin, FactSet and/or Bloomberg
What you'll be like
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills and written skills
• A positive collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism are essential
• Creativity, initiative and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with tight deadlines.
• A desire to get things done and an ability to organise, manage and prioritise time well
• Flexibility to change emphasis in role to adapt to changing investment and commercial cycles
• Attention to detail combined with a solutions-oriented strategic mindset
• Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with a global team
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.