Associate, Investment and Financial Analysis
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- ThomasLloyd Group
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
The ThomasLloyd Group is a global investment and advisory firm, solely dedicated to the infrastructure sector in Asia and is one of the leading financiers and investors in this market sector. ThomasLloyd combines detailed technological knowledge, a high level of investment expertise and in-depth regional knowledge of social, financial and political realities in a best practice approach to investment solutions with high, risk-adjusted economic viability.
This is an exciting opportunity for an analyst, associate level with 4/5 years’ experience spent gaining experience and in depth knowledge in all aspects of project finance documentation and transaction structuring. The successful candidate will be someone who wants to be at the heart of the transaction, working on the transaction rather than briefing someone else. Whilst experience in infrastructure and/or energy at an investment bank, private equity or project finance firm would be advantageous, a deep knowledge and familiarity of financial project modelling is key to this role. The purpose of the role is to support and assist the Directors within our project finance business development and transaction team to cover all aspects of financial, legal and commercial due diligence and to research comparable assets, investors and funds.
Flexibility is key to this role and a reasonable amount of travel within Asia is a key requirement. The candidate will be comfortable and confident representing ThomasLloyd on project site visits and interacting with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Financial analysis of project models for both current and potential investments.
- Financial, legal and technical due diligence of potential development partners.
- Macro-economic analysis of target countries.
- Analysis for investment opportunities by market, segment or sector.
- Research into financial performance of comparable assets, investors and funds.
- Valuation and analysis for potential purchase and sale of assets/infrastructure projects.
- Preparation of statistical analysis of fund performance.
- Asset valuation and financial performance measurement.
- Understand our customers, cultural aspects, observe and respect both.
- Build relationships with all stakeholders.
- Focused on creating efficiencies whilst maintaining quality outputs.
- Work as a team to get the required results
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Minimum 4 years relevant work experience in financial analysis or similar discipline.
- First or 2.1 degree from top tier university supported by a strong academic background
- Experience in infrastructure and renewable energy valuation, especially in development and/or construction stage assets would be advantageous
- Good understanding of project finance documentation and transaction structuring and execution
- Significant analytical and reporting skills.
- A curiosity in the sector and the types of assets.
- Fluent in English language is essential; a second language would be advantageous but not essential
- Ability to travel to Asia on a regular basis
- Preferably, well recognised professional designation in finance.
- Experience in the renewable energy sector is preferable.
- Self-starter with a pro-active attitude towards the responsibilities assigned.
- A team player who is flexible and can maintain both a positive attitude and high level of performance in demanding/time-sensitive initiatives
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint is a given
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 13 July 2018.