Associate, Leveraged Finance
We are looking for an experienced Associate to join a growing team and business that is responsible for the delivery of a Private Equity (PE) coverage and execution model in strategic sectors to MUFG. This role will assist senior team members as well as the wider Financial Sponsors team with the execution of transactions.
~~Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with 1100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees and about 300 entities offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management and leasing.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following.
- Conducting industry and company analysis (including M&A) as directed to support the strategic objectives of the PE vertical in the Non-Investment Grade (NIG) lending business.
- Developing relevant analysis including financial models, sensitivity scenarios, the impact of potential reorganisations / disposals / IPO / synergies, key ratio (including where appropriate credit rating agencies) analysis, and making informed judgements on the available liquidity to inform decision making at senior levels.
- Supporting the preparation and presentation of necessary client marketing and financing advisory materials and internal approval documents.
- Supporting all aspects of deal execution as may be required during the development of a mandate.
- Building relationships at the appropriate business levels to create and maintain trust with partner banks and Private Equity funds on transactions.
- Supporting the Relationship Managers to maintain a meaningful level of dialogue with partner banks and Private Equity funds post the completion of a transaction to maximise MUFG’s opportunities to win future business.
- Conducting initial compliance checks in line with internal and external processes and procedure
In order to be successful in this role, you will need the following.
- Degree level education with relevant post degree qualification preferred (e.g. CFA or ACA)
- Experience working within a banking/advisory or transactional environment
- Proven skills in credit risk and experience in credit analysis
- Established experience in all aspects of financial modelling (M&A, LBO and ratings) is essential
- Detailed understanding and practical experience of sub investment grade cash flow modelling
- Understanding of the fundamentals of deal structuring and sub investment grade legal documentation
- A team player with excellent negotiation, communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively manage tight deadlines and different stakeholders
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.