Associate Leveraged Finance
- Upon Application
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
Our client, a niche Bank seeks an Associate to join their mid market leveraged finance team based in London. The successful candidate will have had experience of leveraged finance as either a senior analyst or junior associate
The team focuses on the origination and execution of leveraged loans and encompasses sponsor relationship management, deal execution and preparing for an orderly handover to the portfolio team.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the financial analysis, structuring and documentation process on debt transactions with new and existing client opportunities. As part of a small but dynamic team, the Associate supports loan growth, risk management, and client satisfaction in partnership with Relationship Managers. As an Associate, you will be a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor in a high energy growth environment. You should be a self-starter with a high degree of analytical rigour. You should be able to “crunch the numbers” one minute and critically think through business issues the next.
• Support the structuring of new debt facilities for prospect companies. Assist in the underwriting of credits; analysing financial statements and preparing the due diligence approval package for new loan facilities and modifications.
• Communicate with clients directly to resolve compliance related questions and day-to-day operational inquiries.
• Facilitate the booking process, and assure credit files comply with the Bank’s policies and procedures. Ensure a smooth relationship handover to the Portfolio Management Team
• Understand and have the ability to cross sell the Bank’s broader banking platform with respect to non-debt products (day-to-day banking, card programs, FX etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
• Commercial banking, financial analysis, research or related experience.
• An ability to work independently in completing assigned duties.
• Strong organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.