Associate, Loans and Agency
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Drive to improve Operational effectiveness of the team through brainstorming and project managing various initiatives that help in creating efficiencies and reduce risk
- Act as the face of Agency to Clients and Stakeholders
- Ownership of new transactions which include new deals, amendments and repayments.
- Act as SME on transactions where required
- Build relationships with key stakeholders where required. Key stakeholders are various business teams, TMG, GRS, ACBS Support etc
- Ensure Client queries are responded timely by the time and escalate where appropriate
- Responsible for a portfolio of deals and management of the daily workflow on those deals to ensure all transactions are processed within the timeframe required.
People and Talent
- Seek continuous self-improvement in respect of Product knowledge and soft skills required for the role.
- Oversight and resolution of exceptions that highlight risk, example Nostro breaks and Past due fees, ensuring timely closure of them
- Predicting issues and working to mitigate these issues.
- Keep Department Operating Instructions updated and ensure teams are working in line with DOIs
- Ensure adherence to all mandated checklists
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the UK Agency team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles :] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Origination teams spanning multiple product types including Islamic, PEF, SEF, Aviation, Shipping deals
We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Culture Fit Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioral fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory. After your application you will get the link to the test to your mailbox. Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.
- Contribution to Operations wide initiatives
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .