Associate, Portfolio Ops, UK
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Jun 18 2018-06-13
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock Real Estate, part of the BlackRock’s Alternatives platform, manages over $22 billion in private and public real estate equity and debt in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific. BlackRock’s Real Estate team manages investments on behalf of public and private pension plans, insurance companies, foundations, endowments and private investors. The platform manages a broad array of investment strategies, including core, value-add and opportunistic, through separate accounts and commingled funds. Our extensive experience encompasses many major geographies as well as all major property types including office, industrial, retail.
The Real Estate Transaction Support team require an Associate located in the London office, with a primary focus on providing support from a finance perspective with the execution of transactions and debt financing for the UK & Ireland portfolio and with operational risk management. The role includes assisting with closing acquisitions, disposals, bank financings, hedging strategies, implementation of tax structuring and with the ongoing monitoring and management of operational risk.
In addition, the role may include providing assistance with transactions and financing for investments in other EMEA countries.
- Providing support through the due diligence phase of investment opportunities and with the execution of acquisitions and disposals.
- Ownership of the financial due diligence process.
- Preparation of deal timelines to sequence workflows, DD, timing of board meetings, funding, etc.
- Management of incorporation of entities and banking arrangements
- Operational review of key transaction documents (SPAs, JVAs, promote docs)
- Review of preliminary and true-up NAV calculations for share deals
- Internal funding arrangements and management of funds flows
- Providing support with investment level debt financing
- Participation in the debt tender process and drafting of request for proposals
- Term sheet negotiation and lender selection
- Review and execution of loan documentation and preparation and execution of interest rate hedging strategies
- Management of lender reporting requirements and monitoring of loan covenants.
- Collaboration with external advisors and the in-house tax team to lead the planning, implementation, management and monitoring of tax-efficient structures.
- Implementation of appropriate tax structures in liaison with the in-house tax team and external advisors.
- Monitoring tax developments and forming views on potential legislation changes, including considering the potential impact on current and future investments.
- Identifying potential risks and taking measures to further investigate and mitigate such risks accordingly.
- Working alongside the asset management and global fund administration services teams to ensure adherence to internal procedures and identification and mitigation of operational risks. Ensure consistency of approach with the overall EMEA Real Estate business
- Management of coordination between the RE business and business partners including Legal, Corporate Secretarial and Tax.
- Providing assistance with the implementation of new projects and processes.
- Experience of transaction management either with a professional services firm or within an investment company
- Knowledge of the UK tax system and understanding of international tax structures
- ACA, ACCA CIMA or equivalent accounting qualification.
Personal Characteristics: Results focused / driven / lateral thinker / good communicator / business acumen / enthusiastic / able to work under own initiative with minimal supervision
- Able to demonstrate success in career to date and notable achievements (appropriate to the level of experience)
- High standard of integrity / astute / motivated
- Ability to transition between working independently and working closely with others in the team
- Professional attitude and able independently meet with relevant agents and external parties in relation to agreed strategic deal sourcing criteria and processes
- Excellent written communication / confident with strong presentation skills
- Good commercial acumen, general interest in the Real Estate sector
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Capable of meeting deadlines and working under pressure
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.