Associate, Product Strategy
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
ETF & Index Investments (EII) BlackRock’s ETF & Index Investments Business manages $2.5 trillion in global index equity assets across US Equities, Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, Commodities and REITs. This includes BlackRock’s iShares product line, the leading provider of ETFs in the world, with over $1
ETF & Index Investments (EII)
BlackRock’s ETF & Index Investments Business manages $2.5 trillion in global index equity assets across US Equities, Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, Commodities and REITs.
This includes BlackRock’s iShares product line, the leading provider of ETFs in the world, with over $1 trillion in assets under management. With a global footprint, strong client orientation and an innovative product range, iShares was the industry’s number one in flows in 2015 with $130 billion, a 13% organic asset growth rate, and reached a five-year high in flow market share in excess of 40%. Through the flagship U.S. and EMEA product lines, iShares operates over 800 ETFs, the broadest range of ETF investment options, offering exposure to virtually the entire investable universe, from the most essential to the deepest niche; and our funds are equally accessible to institutions, advisers and individuals. Product lines provide efficient exposure across equities, fixed income, real estate and commodities, as well as strategies such as smart beta and sustainable investing.
The Index and ETF Investments Business also oversees over $1.4 trillion in Index Equity funds (mutual funds, pooled funds, segregated mandates) and offers index equity investors the industry's broadest array of investment choices. Our clients include corporate pension plans, public pension plans, central banks, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors. The Index Equity Portfolio Management team has primary offices in San Francisco, London, Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo.
BlackRock’s EII team in London is seeking an Associate level product strategist to join the team. The responsibilities of the EII product strategy team span product development, research, client service, product positioning, reporting and education. This individual will, under the guidance of senior team members, support the broad range of equity index strategies across Institutional and Retail markets in EMEA.
- Understand the equity index portfolio management process and be able to articulate the competitive advantages and incorporate current thinking into marketing materials
- Support the needs of internal and external clients for EII’s products across all institutional and retail client teams in EMEA
- Develop and maintain product marketing materials, client presentations and customized analyses that articulate strategy objectives, characteristics, performance, and relevant competitive advantages
- Assist client and marketing channels with equity index product expertise as it relates to data analysis, request-for-proposals, and other questionnaires
- Maintain pipeline records and generate business metrics for senior management
- Build relationships with other BlackRock teams in order to support the EII business including reporting and other operational teams as needed
- Support team members in preparation of materials for client interactions to ensure the effective communication and positioning of equity index strategies
- Broad understanding of the investment industry and competitive landscape
- Knowledge of and previous exposure to index based products and strategies
- Proven experience in a related role (e.g. portfolio management, client-facing)
- Strong quantitative skills with a high level of technical, product and market knowledge (preferably CFA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills.
- A self-starter who has the ability to build consensus and to influence both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while producing high quality work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.