Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
Japanese Corporate Banking Division (JCBD) London manages the bank’s relationship with Japanese Corporates in the UK, Ireland and Nordic region. This includes origination and portfolio management across the product spectrum and close collaboration with Tokyo and other MUFG offices globally.
The Associate will join a team of relationship managers focused on business development across a portfolio of corporates diversified by sector and size. This requires effective collaboration with Product Offices, Credit, Compliance and other business partners.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Associate will have responsibility for managing a portfolio of corporate clients to drive revenue growth whilst also supporting other team members with origination activities. This requires both an external client driven focus as well as internal process responsibilities to meet risk and compliance requirements.
- Effectively manage a client portfolio to meet commercial and risk goals.
- Collaborate with Product Partners to effectively identify solutions that meet client needs.
- Partner with Credit and Compliance stakeholders to meet internal requirements.
- Assist the team Director with origination and strategic business development activities.
- Regularly share information and ideas with other MUFG branches and head office.
- Build a good understanding of MUFG’s credit policy and operational procedures to meet requirements.
- Undertake ongoing training and development to build skills and knowledge.
Candidate will have prior experience of working in relevant roles including: front office, middle office or risk with a preference for having experience of managing clients in a professional environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge of banking and finance, particularly corporate banking.
- Knowledge of relevant product areas, e.g. cash management, trade finance, FX, capital markets.
- An understanding of credit risk and compliance.
- Familiarity with or an interest in Japanese working culture and practices.
- Fluency in other languages would be advantageous (especially Japanese).
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Professional qualifications related to finance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability.
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- Ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly.
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement.
- A structured and logical approach to work.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proven customer focus.
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.