Associate, Research & Analysis – Resources, Energy & Infrastructure
See job description for detailsAn exciting opportunity has just come f or you to join ANZ as an Associate for Research and Analysis - Resources, Energy & Infrastructure.
- Opportunity to work with clients in Metals & Mining, Oil & Gas, Commodity Traders, and Utilities & Infrastructure sector
- Reporting to Head of Research & Analysis for Resources, Energy & Infrastructure in EMEA region
- Contribute to the Bank’s Regional goal
About the role
The Resources, Energy & Infrastructure (“REI”) Research & Analysis team supports both Global banking and International customers across the Metals & Mining, Oil & Gas, Commodity Traders and Utilities & Infrastructure Segments. These clients represent some of the Bank’s largest customers.
As part of the team, Research & Analysis works in full collaboration with the REI Relationship teams and Credit to provide risk analysis and client support as part of the team’s identification of client needs and sales opportunities to deliver long term financial returns to the IIB.
As an Associate for Research & Analysis, you will primarily be responsible for identifying and effectively managing risks inherent in the asset class or project in the client's business model and industry. Your role will also be responsible for identifying and managing risks inherent in the client’s capital and management structure and emerging performance results.
The primary activities of the role cover:
- Client or asset or project performance & risk evaluation & mitigation strategies
- Preparing quality credit papers, diary notes and other client analysis
- Conduct financial analysis and industry research papers
- Limit and Risk grade management
- Liaise with clients and internal stakeholders on risk and financial performance related matters, including commodity or operational risks
- Deal documentation and execution
- Well Managed portfolio controls
- Presenting Portfolio in Risk Management Forum
- Contribute to value add analysis to enable further growth in the REI portfolio
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following -
- Relevant experience in banking
- Knowledge in Credit Policy and Credit Procedures
- Background in Metals & Mining, Oil & Gas, Commodity Traders, and Utilities & Infrastructure sector
- Strong credit and risk assessment or credit structuring skills gained through corporate and investment banking experience
- Good understanding of accounting principles and ability to interpret a range of financial data including cash flows, balance sheet & forecasts
- Ability to develop and maintain detailed financial models for a range of customers and projects and undertake appropriate sensitivities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Finance or Commerce are essential
- Strategic, structural and cultural Leadership quality
- Strong interpersonal , teamwork, collaboration and communication skills
ANZ is a leading regional bank with representation in 34 markets, focusing on core markets in Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. As we continue our journey to build our global business and support our customers, we’re committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We’ve made it our business to be an organisation where people strive, and are rewarded, for excellence.
We’re exploring new and better ways to progress the business with energy and enthusiasm. Backed by a proud and established heritage, we’re on a journey creating a regional bank. Connected by integrity and clarity of strategy, there is a real sense of excitement about the future.
At ANZ we aim to create a work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We connect you to a world of opportunity.
When you join ANZ, you'll join a connected community offering a world of opportunities to help you grow your career. Who knows where you might end up? Hear from our staff about their career journey with ANZ.
Find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit w ww.anz.com/careers .
You may apply for this role by visiting and search for reference UNI000417.
This role is based in London, United Kingdom. The salary package on offer is competitive.
Application opening date: 28 September ,2017
Application closing date: 25 October, 2017
72% of Australian workers want the opportunity to work flexibly. Hear from ANZ staff about how they take advantage of our range of flexible options, including volunteer and lifestyle leave