Associate Software Engineer, Enterprise Technology Team - London- September 2020
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Enterprise Technology team uses its technical expertise to deliver world-class and innovative solutions to its Fitch Ratings customers, providing critical information and capabilities that are used to run the business. The aim is to enable the Ratings business to operate more effectively, with better information, to produce the best quality ratings and research in a timely manner.
We are seeking new graduate recruits to join our Enterprise Technology Graduate Programme. The 12-month programme will give candidates the training they need to become a successful software engineer within the Enterprise Technology team. The programme is rotational and each graduate trainee will receive intensive induction training before undertaking three, four-month placements within specialist areas of the team.
Throughout the programme we will provide training in a variety of subject matter, covering information about the Fitch Ratings business and the current and next-generation technologies.
Our training curriculum consists of peer sessions, on-the-job application and self-learning. Trainees will have access to regular training sessions hosted by senior members of the Enterprise Technology and Ratings team, along with guidance from senior team members. Graduates will get the opportunity to work in the following areas:
- Product and Systems Development: Develop expertise in analysis, design and development of software applications using modern application development frameworks, front-end, and SQL and NoSQL databases.
- API Development: Work with our Centre of Excellence to design and build comprehensive, scalable, and secure API's.
- Engineering Efficiency: Develop knowledge of cloud-based computing, infrastructure as code, build and deployment processes and tools for monitoring and alerting. Adopt test driven development techniques to optimize the software development process.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in engineering or science disciplines with strong background in computer information systems or software engineering.
- Graduating before September 2020 with a minimum grade of 2.1
- High levels of creativity, quick problem solving capabilities; out-of-the-box thinking.
- Great collaborator and team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven software engineering experience through previous internships, work experience, or coding competitions.
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages such as C, C++, C#, JAVA, Python.
- Knowledge of some scripting languages (Bash / Perl / Ruby).
- Familiarity with database management concepts or with Data Science technologies.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies (Agile/Scrum/Iterative Development).
- Familiarity with Test Driven development.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .