Associate, Strategic Finance
Due to an internal transfer, we are looking for an experienced Associate to support the securing of mandates for MUFG as a lead bank in the structuring and execution of the strategic and acquisition financing transactions for our corporate clients, and to support related deal execution.
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with over 2,300 offices in over 50 countries including the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia and Oceania, and East Asia. The Group has over 150,000 employees and about 300 entities offering services including corporate and investment banking, commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, leasing, and other services.
Your responsibilties will include but not be limited to the following.
- Carry out industry, company, structuring and event-driven situation (including M&A) analysis necessary for the identification of potential strategic financing mandates. Take initiative to develop relevant sector and technical expertise.
- Take the lead in developing the relevant analysis to show (inter alia) pro forma merger financials, sensitivity scenarios, the impact of potential reorganisations / disposals / IPO / synergies, key ratio (including credit rating agencies’) analysis, liquidity to inform decision making at senior levels.
- Support (and lead where appropriate) the preparation and presentation of (i) the necessary client marketing and financing advisory materials (presentations, pitch books etc.) and (ii) the supporting internal approval documents, in coordination with other deal team members.
- As directed by the Deal Team Leader and in conjunction with other members of the deal team, take responsibility for supporting the execution of Strategic Finance mandates.
- Provide guidance and coaching for new and junior colleagues in the team.
- Build relationships throughout MUFG to establish a peer network, gather relevant information and help to ensure effective inter-departmental collaboration.
- Conduct initial compliance checks in line with internal and external processes and procedures.
Success in the role will require the following.
- Degree education and/or equivalent level of relevant experience
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience at a leading Acquisition Finance, M&A advisory or Structured Finance house.
- An established working knowledge of the corporate loan and debt capital markets, of M&A markets and of general M&A dynamics.
- Established accounting knowledge and competence as a financial modeller.
- Analytical in nature with proven quantitative / numerical skills
- Clear communication capabilities
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.