Associate, Systematic Fixed Income - Alpha Research Technology Team
Description About this role
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock's Systematic Fixed Income (SFI) business develops systematic, quantitative investment strategies to deliver consistent outperformance for clients within a variety of fixed income markets, including global interest rate products, currencies, corporate bonds, credit default swaps, mortgage-backed securities, and related derivatives. The team runs these strategies on our flagship $4Bln+ AUM hedge fund, Fixed Income Global Alpha, as well other alternative products.
Job Purpose and Background:
The SFI team is seeking to expand its Alpha Research Technology team. This team works closely with Researchers, Portfolio Managers and BlackRock Aladdin technology groups to improve the efficiency and scalability of its research process and build a best-in-class model platform. Key projects will be to facilitate the development of new signals and strategies, as well as to enable the migration of existing models to the new platform.
A successful candidate will be able to understand the needs of a wide variety of participants in the trading process and will be able to build and deliver high quality code that not only serves immediate needs, but is suitably extensible to evolve with the business for years to come.
- Implement a best-in-class Python-based platform for the development and deployment of model-based trading strategies.
- Build new reporting and visualization tools to help portfolio management and research teams better understand model performance, both in a simulation environment and live trading.
- Work with the research teams to implement new signals and strategies and help them improve their model code and development practices.
- Identify opportunities to implement process automation and increase operational efficiency.
- Understand the broader BlackRock technology stack and keep the SFI platform aligned.
- Engage with other BlackRock technology teams on partnership projects and feature requests.
Skills / Qualifications:
- BA / BS in Computer Science or related discipline is desirable.
- Broad understanding of financial markets and fixed income assets is a plus, particularly prior work experience in trading or finance-related fields.
- Experience and comfort with the software development lifecycle and agile development methodologies, including iterative development, extensive unit testing and continuous integration.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Python: very high standard required, with thorough experience in the Scientific Python stack.
- Databases: SQL skill and experience structuring and dealing with large data sets.
- Revision control: comprehensive practical experience with Git-based workflows.
- Compiled language experience is extremely additive (C, C++, Rust, Numba, Cython).
- Practical Linux / Unix experience (command-line familiarity, use of containers).
- Keen interest in current best practices and available tools.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being.Â Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their childrenâ€™s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment â€" the one we make in our employees. Itâ€™s why weâ€™re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com |Â www.blackrock.com/corporate Â | Instagram:Â @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock Â | LinkedIn:Â www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.Â We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.