Associate, Systems Developer / Support Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate candidate to provide technical ability to the Operations TEC team. This role will include diverse exposure to a number of applications, development and support in technology based and user facing roles, primarily focused on supporting the Operations Business and related applications. There will be potential for Team lead responsibilities given the right candidate.
Overview of the Department / Section:
The primary objective of the Operations TEC team is to support the Operations Business. This includes supporting and maintaining all production systems used by the Operations Business and supporting the Operations Business users and other related departments within MUSI. This covers the full suite of back office functionality including Collateral management, trade settlement, Cash management/funding, reconciliations and regulatory reporting.
- Provide development Support to Operations Business and Operations TEC team.
- Provide BAU support and analysis to the business as and when required.
- Maintenance of infrastructure – troubleshooting environment problems and reviewing performance issues across the Operations landscape.
- Technically support and manage various Project Initiatives across the Operations business.
- Potential overnight support of Operations Technology batches
Skills and Experience:
- Strong Scripting and Development experience: Perl, SQL and/or Java, Scala, SSIS
- Strong Problem Solving skills
- Sound Business Knowledge. Ideally: Fixed Income, Equities, and Derivatives.
- Operating systems: Windows.
- Database: Oracle, SQLServer
- Experience in supporting Regulatory Reporting (CFTC, ESMA, MIFID)
- Experience in supporting Collateral management
- Experience working with settlement systems
- Experience working with reconciliation systems
- Performance Tuning.
- Strong excel skills
Additional Applications knowledge experience would benefit:
- TLM Collateral Management
- Message Automation
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A pro-active, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurized environment