- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
The GLFI/NAT mission statement is to develop a worldwide business franchise in the Natural Resources, Energy and Infrastructure sector by providing clients with financing solutions as well as providing advisory services.
The Natural Resources & Infrastructure Financing Group provides a full range of finance and advisory services for producers, traders, processors and end-users of energy, metals and soft commodities as well as public sector through four key platforms: Energy group, Metals & Mining finance group, Traders, Commodity finance & Agribusiness group and Infrastructure finance, as well as MARK/CTY joint venture.
GLFI/NAT/TCF is in charge of the financing of traders and commodity players/processors as well as trade finance to cover traders and commodity players against non-payment risk.
The TCF Mission Statement (applicable to TCF London) states:
TCF's fundamental mission is to provide commodity based financing solutions to its client base but also to other clients of SG Group. The financial structures provided by TCF revolve around commodity assets, typically short term (inventory, account receivable, forward positions). Financial structures can be focused on a specific commodity flow (e.g. financing of goods implies that a transaction is monitored from the purchase of the goods to the cash collection of the sale proceeds) or on a revolving pool of assets (e.g. borrowing base financing).
In addition to originating commodity based financing transactions, TCF has a responsibility of coverage (PCRU role). This includes a continuous risk monitoring as well as a co-ordination and marketing function for all GBIS and SG Group products and services.
TCF London's client relationships are driven by the location of the client, our geographic responsibilities are as follows:
SOFT : clients based in the UK
ENERGY : clients based in the UK, Ireland, Nordic and Scandi Regions
METALS : clients based in EMEA (excluding Switzerland*, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Belarus, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Moldova, Bulgaria, Albania, Serbia, Macedonia and Montenegro).
* except historic clients such as TRAF Metals, MRI, Duferco etc
Summary of the key purposes of the role
A. Support the TCF London team in adding new clients and building / managing existing client relationships across the TCF London geographic areas of responsibility.
B. Support the growth of the TRD business and assist in growing the TRA (Letter of Credit – Issuing, Confirmation and Discounting) business, both directly with TCF London clients under your responsibility and also TCF London clients that you support on behalf of a Senior Front Officer (Director).
C. Develop a comprehensive understanding of the world of Commodity Finance to assist TCF London to grow our reputation and franchise internally and externally.
Summary of responsibilities
1. To support and contribute to the TCF London team's efforts in effectively covering clients to address their working capital needs:
• Continue to get up to speed on all TCF (TRA and TRD) products including but not limited to Discounting and Confirmation of Letter of Credits, Inventory finance, ILC and ELC business, Receivable Finance, Borrowing Base structures and RCF facilities;
• Assist the Seniors with the preparation of client pitches and presentations. Delivering these with limited Senior input, but under their guidance and supervision;
2. Support the TCF London team in on-boarding new clients:
• Undertake KYC, Compliance and Permanent Supervision processing;
• Undertake client profitability analysis.
3. To support and contribute to TCF London team's efforts in the effective and responsible delivery of facilities:
• Structuring of the Facilities, either assisting Senior's or under their supervision;
• Prepare RISQ application for renewals and files for new clients, with limited Senior input, but under their guidance and supervision;
4. Support and contribute to the development of the TCF London product offering in line with TCF's strategy and priorities:
• Undertake Research and Development on new products and new markets as and when required.
5. Support and contribute to the development of TCF client base in line with TCF Risk Appetite Statement and GLFI's and SG Group's strategy and priorities:
• Assist to identify and analyse new marketing names / prospects for the TCF London team.
6. Support and contribute in internal dialogues with colleagues to promote TCF London and to provide best-in-class knowledge of the TCF business line:
• Assist with internal presentations to KYC, Compliance, RISQ (CIB/CFI), OPER (MO and BO), other NAT and GLFI business lines etc.
7. Support the TCF London team and Head of the TCF London, and contribute, with internal and external presentation as and when required:
• Using internal SG Tools such as TOMCAT and external market information to assist in the production of presentations and management reporting.
8. Ensure that existing clients and prospects to be on-boarded meet the SG Group Compliance requirements;
• Perform role with full knowledge and observance of compliance rules and procedures relating to KYC, Sanctions & Embargoes and Financial Crime including Anti-Money Laundering. Ensuring compliance with both internal procedures and external regulatory rules.
Level of autonomy and authority
• Tasks to be done under the supervision of the Senior Front Officers (VP's, Directors, MD's and Head of Team)
1. Ability to understand the Global Trade and Commodity market, its dynamics and the related products to propose relevant financing solutions to clients.
2. Capacity to demonstrate strong numerate skills, especially relating to credit assessment analysis, develop structuring capabilities and be at ease with working with legal documentation.
3. Responsibility – ability to identify and understand risks (conduct, reputational, financial, structural, documentation etc.) for NAT, GLFI, and SG Group, and act responsibly in line with SG Group Values, Code of Conduct, and other applicable rules & regulations
1. Client orientation – ability to contribute to the team's efforts to build and maintain trusted client relationships
2. Client orientation – consistency and rigour in following up on clients' needs and act upon teams' priorities.
3. Innovation – commitment to contribute to the team's efforts to the development of new client base and products.
4. Team spirit – ability to work on their own and within a team with people with diverse, international backgrounds, and act upon team's priorities.
5. Commitment – ability to work in a fast moving environment with an attention to detail and to prioritise tasks and to manage competing deadlines, and to deliver on team's priorities.
6. Commitment – hard working, flexible, motivated, inquisitive and dynamic. A fast learner and hungry to learn.
7. Communication skills – strong communication skills both written and oral, including language skills if possible (i.e. French, German, Spanish etc).
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.