Audit Director- Compliance
- £175,000 + Package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Gresham Hunt
- 16 Nov 17 2017-11-16
Gresham Hunt are working closely with a leading Global Investment Bank to help with the build out of their Internal Audit function at Director level. Our client is looking to hire and individual who has previous Regulatory Compliance exposure to lead a team across Europe.
The role offers a great opportunity to work closely with the global head of Audit in planning and managing the Audit cycle for the Compliance Audit function. The role offers an excellent opportunity to progress as a senior member of the Audit function, as well as being tasked with being an active member of the team to coach and mentor more junior colleagues.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Professional accounting, auditing qualification (CIIA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or international equivalent) desirable or equivalent business experience.
- A strong understanding of the regulatory compliance environment.
- Experience of facing off to senior level stakeholders.
- Experience of leading large teams.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of Internal or External audit principles and practices, managing audit and assurance delivery within a framework.
- Previous experience in an audit role within Compliance (Transaction reporting, transaction surveillance, surveillance and regulatory compliance.)
- Experience of Accountancy principles and practices.)
- Sound understanding of risk management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Corporate Governance practices and frameworks is desirable but not essential.
- Awareness of key regulations affecting the Banking industry.