Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enable you to make important credit judgments with confidence.
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever-changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey. Job Purpose
The Audit Director will conduct independent and objective assurance testing over Fitch's internal control environment, working as part of the Internal Audit team. This role requires an individual who can engage effectively with the key stakeholders whilst taking an operational role in delivering audit engagements. This role will report to the Head of Internal Audit. Key Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience:
- To work to internal auditing standards in line with internationally accepted best practices (e.g. The International Professional Practices Framework).
- To assist the Head of Internal Audit in performing the annual risk assessment and formulating the annual plan.
- To plan and deliver risk-based audit engagements in accordance with the Fitch internal audit plan.
- To support IT audits where specialist business knowledge can be used.
- To discuss the findings of audit reviews with management in order for management to develop solutions to audit findings.
- To report the results of audit reviews, including management responses and proposed action plans to address identified issues to responsible management.
- To perform follow-up work ensuring management progress actions within the agreed time scales and to escalate failure to progress actions as the Head of Internal Audit deems appropriate.
- To perform ad hoc investigations and reviews at the request of the Head of Internal Audit.
- To participate in developing and delivering the Internal Audit department's objectives.
Skills and Attributes:
- Minimum 10 years internal audit experience.
- Detailed understanding of internal auditing and risk management principles and best practices such as Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and ISO 31000: 2009.
- Financial Services experience, preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of auditing software and GRC applications.
- Membership of/ certification by recognized industry bodies e.g. ICAEW, IIA
- Professional manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Good attention to detail and record-keeping
- Ability to work independently as well within a team
- Ability to prioritize competing needs and meet established deadlines
- Highly developed investigative skills
- Ability to use own initiative
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interest or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.