- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: Chester OR London
Line Of Business: Audit
We are currently looking for an individual to join our Corporate Audit Team as an Audit Manager.
This is an opportunity for the qualifying candidate to join an established audit team consisting of auditors with a diverse spectrum of experience and skill set.
Corporate Audit is an independent function that reports to the Audit Committee of the Bank of America Corporation. Corporate General Auditor reports administratively to the Chief Executive Officer.
Corporate Audit provides independent assessment and validation of the effectiveness of key processes, controls and risk management models across the Company. Corporate Audit provides a holistic assessment on the risk profile of the Company, and is expected to proactively influence the management of risk across the Company. There are approximately 900 Audit associates globally, with approximately 100 associates in the remit of the EMEA General Auditor.
In return we not only offer the training and support you'd expect from a leading global bank but also the opportunity to grow your career right here in London. With exposure to a variety of financial products and the continued year-on-year growth of the team, we can offer excellent mobility and development.
As an Audit Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Executing multiple areas of work during audit activities.
- Utilizes sound analytical skills.
- Possesses product, business, and technical expertise to execute assigned audit testing responsibilities.
- Independently executes audit work on assigned audits
- Demonstrate sound project management skills.
- Assess issues for impact to business processes, controls and strategies, recommends severity ratings and escalation of broad themes or trends.
- Work with the team and provides input to draft audit reports and supports sharing audit results with business leaders.
- Establish business partner relationships; supported by line management.
- Exercise critical thinking and judgment to effectively influence management to improve the control environment.
- Actively supports peers and audit team with development as part of on the job training during audit execution. Fosters a positive and inclusive work environment.
The EMEA Corporate Audit team provides interconnectivity within the global audit team including mentoring program, skill exchanges and other activities to support career and personal development of teammates. The team is also actively engaged in local communities and has a social committee.
As an Audit Manager your skills/competencies would ideally include:
- Detailed understanding of Operational Risk Framework include Scenarios, Risk Control Self-Assessment, Loss/Event capture.
- Good understanding of risk based audit methodology.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (both written and verbal).
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with audit and business stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of internal audit processes and methodology requirements.
- Sound risk assessment, analytical and multitasking skills.
- Attention to details.
- Appreciation of the financial services industry acumen.
- Ability to deliver high quality work within deadlines.
- Ability to process information and quickly and multitask.
- Proven team player skills and ability to work in the multicultural environment.
- Proactive / critical thinking and willingness to learn.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.