Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Audit Manager at our prestigious London office.
This is a unique opportunity for someone to be heavily involved in some key innovative projects within the department. You'll be providing robust assurance and question on the effectiveness of processes and controls across the bank and having exposure to senior stakeholders across our global organisation.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As an Audit Manager your main responsibilities will be
- Leading and participating in assurance activities to assess the management and control of risk, ensuring that all work undertaken meets agreed timescales and complies with quality requirements.
- Where required (dependent on level), supervising small teams whilst providing coaching and support.
- Managing relationships and influencing key stakeholders across the business and collaborating with other teams as required.
- Proactively taking responsibility for additional activities related to the management of the Internal Audit department, including on-going business monitoring and production of required management information (MI) for Senior Management.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Experience in prudential capital regulation for example through ICAAP, regulatory reporting, group-wide stress testing or capital planning.
- Knowledge about relevant regulation and guidance, such as Basel II-IV, CRDIV and CRR.
- Assurance / monitoring / audit skills desirable (i.e. assessment of risk and controls - including planning activity, co-ordination of fieldwork and report writing),
- ACA / ACCA / FRM qualifications desirable. Other similar qualifications considered.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing, complex and/or difficult messages effectively to different audiences tailoring the approach. Ability to influence stakeholders demonstrating personal resilience in challenging circumstances to achieve positive outcomes (simple, personal, fair).
- Reviews mechanisms and processes to ensure that they are robust, demonstrating awareness and understanding of business objectives. Appropriately considers risk management within process improvement
- Awareness of financial services industry, products/services and regulatory framework in which the business operates.
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Triton Square, London
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It's one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.