Audit Manager - International Western Europe
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
The Audit Manager – International & Western Europe will report to the Senior Manager based in London and will be primarily responsible for leading audit engagements of Willis Towers Watson business units to evaluate the adequacy of the overall control environment.The Audit Manager - International & Western Europe will report to the Senior Manager based in London and will be primarily responsible for leading audit engagements of Willis Towers Watson business units to evaluate the adequacy of the overall control environment in both design and operation. This includes leading and/or assisting in corporate investigations, integrated audits, and ad-hoc special projects. While primarily based in one audit office, the Audit Manager will need to have flexibility to travel internationally when the assignment requires.
The Internal Audit Department reports directly to Audit Committee of Willis Towers Watson Corporation’s Board of Directors. The global department has approximately 70 team members located in London, Paris and New York. The department’s primary mission is to evaluate the adequacy of Willis Towers Watson’s internal control environment and to assess compliance with corporate policy and designated laws and regulations.
While primarily based in London office, the Audit Manager will be required to have flexibility to travel internationally for up to 40% of the time when the assignment requires.
Conduct Risk: to put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business
Principal Duties/ Responsibilities
- Leading Internal Audits to evaluate key risks and the adequacy of controls within the Willis Towers Watson's offices and/or key business processes, including:
- Development of an audit approach and testing strategy for assigned audits to ensure all key business risks and controls are evaluated.
- Coordinating and participating in the completion of audit test procedures.
- Regularly communicating and discussing audit findings from the review to the Senior Audit Manager, auditees and key stakeholders.
- Providing review and approval of work paper documentation to verify the retained documentation supports the audit work performed.
- Completion and delivery of audits to time and budget.
- Supervising and managing audit staff working on audits.
- Having gravitas and maturity to make oral and written presentations to senior management throughout and at the conclusion of the audit by discussing process and control deficiencies, recommending corrective actions and other suggestions for improvements in operational controls to mitigate risk and/or reductions in costs.
- Preparing the draft audit report for the Senior Audit Manager’s review, ensuring audit comments are clear, concise and focused on the root cause of the issue and intended outcome, and presented in Internal Audit's report style and context.
- Working with Willis Towers Watson Directors and Senior Audit Managers to perform an annual audit risk assessment and universe review of the Willis Towers Watson businesses.
- Maintain and enhance the relationships with key stakeholders by communicating in a transparent, clear and appropriate manner.
- Working as a global resource, participating in audit assignments as required in any location.
- Willingness to participate in peer group led audits as a lead or team member.
- As required providing assistance to external auditors during their interim and annual reviews of the company.
The key skills required for this position are:
- A general knowledge of Willis Towers Watson operations (e.g. (re)insurance brokerage, investment, securities, actuarial and HR consulting, etc.) or comparable industry experience.
- Experience of managing assignment teams to successful delivery.
- Experience in reviewing, auditing and making recommendations in financial, operational, regulatory and/or IT control areas.
- Proven ability to think critically, identify issues and outline solutions. Effectively cope with change and able to shift gears comfortably.
- A solid knowledge and understanding of Risk Based Internal Auditing standards and techniques, IT controls, financial crime key regulations and accounting methods, principles and practices. As well as, experience in reviewing, auditing and making recommendations in these control areas.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong delivery focus, ability to perform all required functions on a timely basis and with accuracy.
- Overall proficiency with personal computers, including experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge of TeamMate and/or ACL is highly desirable.
- Language skills – Fluent in English and another language.
- Relevant experience in a comparable role within internal audit ideally within insurance, reinsurance, consulting or a financial related industry, or internal audit services at a public accounting firm.
- Relevant Degree level education (equivalent 2.1 level or equivalent)
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CPA, CFE, Certified Internal Auditor, or equivalent.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.