Audit Manager - Wealth Management
- £85K & Bonus + Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Apollo Solutions , EA Licence No: View Corporate Hierarchy
- 30 Jun 18 2018-06-30
A leading Asset Manager with almost £450 Billion AUM is looking to grow its Wealth Management Audit function in London. They are seeking to appoint an Audit Manager who will report to the Head of Audit Wealth management.
A leading Asset Manager with almost £450 Billion AUM is looking to further grow its Wealth Management Audit function in London. They are seeking to appoint an Audit Manager who will report to the Head of Audit Wealth management.
The Wealth Management internal audit team, which comprises a Head of Internal Audit, an Audit Manager and two Internal Auditors, has responsibility for the execution of audits across all businesses and locations in the Wealth Management Division. (Main locations include Zurich, Guernsey and Singapore). Resource is shared across Group Internal Audit and team members will support internal audits in other areas of the business, with subject matter expertise, and additional resource, drawn from the co-source arrangements with external firms, where necessary.
As an Audit Managers in the wider GIA team you will be expected to take a leading role in the management of junior staff and the planning and delivery of all aspects of audit assignments, including reporting. As well as periodic audit reviews, where required you will be expected to undertake investigations, thematic reviews and special projects.
In addition, you will provide direct support to the Head of Internal Audit, Wealth Management, in the development and update of the audit plan of work, and work with all members of Group Internal Audit to ensure stakeholders and management are provided with an exceptional internal audit service.
Duties will include
• Input to the development of the audit plan for the division
• Provide support to the Head of Internal Audit, Wealth Management for the successful delivery of the annual audit plan
• Ensuring the quality of work completed and outputs produced, including adherence to the relevant professional standards
• Involvement in the development and maintenance of the procedures and methods for the work of the Group Internal Audit function
• Managing the tracking of issues and actions arising from internal audit work
• Attendance at and input to the production of reports for the various governance Committees of the Wealth Management Division and Group
• Staff management, appraisals, development and input to the compensation review for two direct reports
• Maintaining effective relationships with staff at all levels of seniority in the Wealth Management Division
• Responding to business requests for support and assistance
• Undertaking special projects and investigations as required
• Provision of data in relation to control activities, to support business development by the client
• Extensive experience within the asset management, wealth management or private banking industries
• Strong understanding of the risks involved in developing and managing products across the range of wealth management and private banking services
• Strong understanding of the risks involved and required controls across the full extent (end to end) of processing activities
• Strong understanding of the UK regulatory environment of private banking
• Strong understanding of all aspects of products used in wealth management
• Excellent communication and report writing skills
• The ability to work effectively with senior management
• First class project and staff management skills
• Significant experience at a senior level in Internal Audit
• Fully qualified - a relevant auditing or accounting qualification
• Ability to travel overseas for up to 25% of your time
• English is essential as language. The knowledge of other languages used within Clients group will be considered to be an advantage