Audit Manager, Applications
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Feb 18 2018-02-25
See job description for details
Join us as Audit Manager in London or Edinburgh
- Joining us in our Technology & Change team will see you play a significant part in mitigating any risks across our applications, with a specific focus on payment applications
- You can make a tangible difference to the bank's future, while gaining invaluable experience in a large and complex organisation, and working alongside well-respected industry figures
What you'll do
This important role will place you at the heart of the bank's third line of defence, providing independent, objective testing and assurance. You'll work with the Senior Audit Manager and business stakeholders to scope out audits, developing your understanding of the business's key risks and controls and formulating an appropriate and robust testing plan, before leading your engagement team in its execution.
You'll succeed in this role by:
- Leading your team through the engagement stage, effectively managing work and resources, and setting standards of excellence
- Delivering sometimes complex audits on time and to budget, and to an excellent standard
- Leading the production of high quality written reports which detail any issues identified
- Contributing to managing the discussion with key business stakeholders, leading to final issue acceptance and remediation
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a strong, established internal auditor or outstanding technology risk manager, with a thorough grounding in risk management principles and a meticulous, investigative approach. You'll need to be able to demonstrate how you've successfully led a team in delivering complex projects (audit or otherwise) while keeping a firm hand on budget, schedule and quality.
You'll also need:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to support and supervise your team through coaching, feedback and development, taking a proactive approach towards identifying and promoting talent
- Strong stakeholder management skills, and to be confident and clear when you need to challenge or influence
- An understanding of payment processes and associated technologies
- IT Audit or Risk experience, including application reviews
- IT Audit and Accounting related professional certifications (such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CISA, CISM)
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.