Audit Manager, Market Risk
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Aug 18 2018-08-15
See job description for details
Join us in London or Edinburgh as an Audit Manager covering Market Risk
- We're looking for a dedicated and talented Audit Manager to join us in this highly collaborative role focusing on market risk
- Joining our Internal Audit function, you'll be driving assurance on traded market risk governance and control frameworks by leading or supporting a portfolio of engagements, managing people, and supporting entity assurance planning and reporting
- You'll be playing a key role in delivering the vital assurance, support, challenge and advice that keeps our customers and our business safe
What you'll do
This role will place you at the heart of the bank's third line of defence, providing independent, objective audit assurance for the NatWest Markets entity. You'll work with senior audit managers and business stakeholders to scope audits, and formulate appropriate and robust testing plans, leading engagement and execution of audits.
You'll drive the delivery of both regular and complex engagements to provide independent assurance to the business, and you'll lead key aspects of the assurance fieldwork, taking responsibility for the work undertaken by the team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing a deep understanding of the risks associated with the business area, and designing appropriate testing plans to assess the suitability of controls
- Delivering often complex audits on time and to budget, and to an excellent standard
- Leading the engagement team, making best use of its capability
- Ensuring compliance with the global audit methodology within engagements, and accurately keeping the audit management tool (TRAC) up to date
- Supporting the development and implementation of our audit methodology and quality assurance strategy
- Leading the production of high quality written reports which detail any issues identified
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a strong background in risk management, with previous experience of internal audit or project management. You'll have a strong understanding of market risk in financial markets and investment banking products, with specialist knowledge of market risk measures and methodologies, including VaR, Stressed VaR, RNIV, IRC and Greeks, and familiarity with current market risk practices around Credit Valuation Adjustment, stress testing, and back testing. You'll also need working knowledge of relevant regulation - such as CRD4 and CRR, and upcoming relevant regulations like FRTB - and working knowledge of building or validating risk management or pricing models.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to deal with a number of different workstreams at once, and the proven competence to deliver projects on time and to budget
- A good understanding of the relevant Capital Requirements Regulations and other relevant regulatory requirements
- The ability to negotiate with, challenge and influence stakeholders at all levels, and to maintain high impact relationships with senior management
- Commercial acumen and a strategic mindset, while retaining a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing, with the ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear way
While not essential, an understanding of counterparty credit risk is desirable.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.